ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor visa during COVID-19

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kalven

UK Visitor visa during COVID-19

Post by kalven » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:00 pm

My parents from India applied for UK visitor visa granted from 14th April 2020 to 14 th October 2020. However based on current situation, there will not be any travel happening for some months. Keeping this covid 19 situation in mind, would the visa be automatically extended for them to travel next year? Or the affected months??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Visitor visa during COVID-19

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 pm

kalven wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:00 pm
My parents from India applied for UK visitor visa granted from 14th April 2020 to 14 th October 2020. However based on current situation, there will not be any travel happening for some months. Keeping this covid 19 situation in mind, would the visa be automatically extended for them to travel next year? Or the affected months??
No because auto extensions are primarily intended for those who are trapped in UK due to being self isolated or aren't able to book the flight.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:57 pm

kalven wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:00 pm
would the visa be automatically extended for them to travel next year? Or the affected months??
It is possible that there may be a process put in place later on for the visa to be reissued for a later period. But it is highly unlikely to be automatic. The Home Office does like a paper trail.

As a parallel, for people stuck on visas in the UK, they can get their visas extended for free by emailing the Home Office at specific email addresses, but it is not automatic.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kalven

Post by kalven » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:39 pm

Thank you for your response. I understand it would not be automatic. However, do you think I can try to extend via contacting UKBA? Any such situations that you are aware of ? Cause the application fee was not cheap anyway, do not want to spend the money in re-applying again .

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:02 pm

kalven wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:39 pm
Thank you for your response. I understand it would not be automatic. However, do you think I can try to extend via contacting UKBA? Any such situations that you are aware of ? Cause the application fee was not cheap anyway, do not want to spend the money in re-applying again .
If you are going to contact the UKVI at all, I will suggest you wait till August. This is because the visa is still valid till Oct. There's no need contacting UKVI now until you are absolutely sure that the current Covid- 19 issue will affect the entire validity period of the visa. If the current travel bans and lockdown are lifted, say next month, then your parents can use the remaining period on the visa.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

kalven

Post by kalven » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:14 am

Ok thank you for that ..

kalven

Post by kalven » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:15 pm

Hello,

I am just following up with the previous discussion. Now that India has banned international flights for another month, I doubt if there would be any flights flying in the month of August too. Do anyone think UKVI be able to provide any alternative for the situation?

Many Thanks

kalven

Post by kalven » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:42 am

Hello,

My parents visa visitor visa will expire next month. Is there anthing that I should request UKBA?

Many Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:33 pm

kalven wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:42 am
Hello,

My parents visa visitor visa will expire next month. Is there anthing that I should request UKBA? What do you have in mind to request?

Many Thanks

kalven

Post by kalven » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:10 pm

I checked with UKVI many times. They responded mentioning that they neither can re-issue the visa nor refund. It has to be reapplied again.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:45 pm

Has there been no international flights to and from India since April? If there has been flights from India to the UK, then your parent should have used whatever validity that is left on the visa. It is no surprise that the HO will not be refunding or extending the visa if they did not use it. I guess you just have to wait till next year when (hopefully) everything is clear and they can reapply for visa
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.