ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work check : Pending visa application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Balit
Newly Registered

Right to work check : Pending visa application

Post by Balit » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:45 am

I lost my BRP card while on holiday abroad in march beginning. I then informed Home Office and got the BRP cancelled, also submitted documents for BRP replacement visa. This was on 5th march, since then UK visa centre in India was closed and I have yet (8th June) not received my visa.

Problem is, I am supposed to start a new job but my new employer just told me that I must show them valid BRP otherwise they cannot give me a start date. Is this correct?

I gave them the covid related link to Home Office website which says employer can check status if an application is pending with home office. But they didnt buy that. I hold an ILR and have also sent them copy of original BRP card.

Please help me figure out if my employer can check my status with Home Office while my application is pending.

Balit
Newly Registered

Re: Right to work check : Pending visa application

Post by Balit » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:35 am

Bump.

Casa

Re: Right to work check : Pending visa application

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:42 am

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.