ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother's visit visa to meet her Son (British citizen)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dinushka

Mother's visit visa to meet her Son (British citizen)

Post by dinushka » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:32 am

Hi Members,
I'm British citizen, and I mother (age 60+) wants to come to meet me on a 6 months visit visa. Could you please tell me which visa type she needs to apply and what documents she needs to attach. Thanks.

Casa

Re: Mother's visit visa to meet her Son (British citizen)

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 am

dinushka wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:32 am
Hi Members,
I'm British citizen, and I mother (age 60+) wants to come to meet me on a 6 months visit visa. Could you please tell me which visa type she needs to apply and what documents she needs to attach. Thanks.
A Standard Visitor Visa. Your mother will need to submit documented evidence of strong ties to her home country, including financial self-sufficiency.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 am
dinushka wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:32 am
Hi Members,
A Standard Visitor Visa. Your mother will need to submit documented evidence of strong ties to her home country, including financial self-sufficiency.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
She does not have financial self-sufficiency. I send her some amount every month, I want to bear all the expenses of her visit. I'm doing a regular and continuous job for last couple of years in UK with salary 35K+ and I have saving around 10K+ in my account. Is this not Ok?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:30 pm

The Entry Clearance Office will want to see evidence that your mother has more reasons to return to her home country than she has to remain with you in the UK. The fact that you are wholly supporting her financially may well weaken the application.

What other home ties does your mother have? Property/business ownership, family responsibilities etc?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:32 pm

What proof of strong ties to her home country can she attach?

She needs to demonstrate that her attachments to her home country are stronger than those to wanting to stay with you here.

EDIT: Overtaken by Casa, with whose post I wholly agree.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:04 pm

My Dad, My brother and Sister will remain in back home country. The property is owned by my father, not mother.

My one friend said that I need to attach all the receipts the money I sent her every month, can help to get her the visa that I have very close connection with her :( . now I been informed that this can go even negative/against the application :( .