ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICO INFORMATION COMMISSIONER OFFICE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mcr2013

ICO INFORMATION COMMISSIONER OFFICE

Post by mcr2013 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Hey

anybody knows what is ICO, actually i receive a letter before lockdown from ICO that i have to register here in 2 weeks otherwise i would get penalty what does it mean after that things got lockdown i m working from home. i could not go to office. has anybody idea what is this ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ICO INFORMATION COMMISSIONER OFFICE

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Are you sure it is ICO??

What exactly does the letter state?

ICO doesn't generally contacted the public for no reason. They also have NOTHING to do with immigration.

https://ico.org.uk/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:03 pm

Did you mean the Overseas Visitors Records Office (OVRO), instead of the ICO?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mcr2013

Post by mcr2013 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:51 pm

it was ICO information commissioner office. i bin it then lockdown start. i did not know that time about ICO, yesterday i seen my friends SAR report when i was reading his SAR report i seen there ICO work for home office etc then i remember basically i got something couple of months back. i will check mails again and will read exact wording then i will discuss with you guys.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:18 am

ICO does not work for the Home Office. ICO is an independent adjudicator on Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests. As SARs are Data Protection requests, they can be adjudicated on by ICO.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.