ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of ILR application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sneha12
Newly Registered
India

Proof of ILR application

Post by Sneha12 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:12 pm

Hi,

I work in IT and lost my job in Corona times. Also my current visa was expiring and I was due for ILR so I applied my ILR in end of July, 2020 and submitted the documents through the app in first week of September.

I am applying for a new job and I need to give them proof of my visa status in UK.

Is there any proof I can get from UKVI that can proove that my visa is in process which I can submit to the new company when I get a job?

Many Thanks!

Regards,
Sneha

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Proof of ILR application

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:41 pm

Sneha12 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:12 pm
Hi,

I work in IT and lost my job in Corona times. Also my current visa was expiring and I was due for ILR so I applied my ILR in end of July, 2020 and submitted the documents through the app in first week of September.

I am applying for a new job and I need to give them proof of my visa status in UK.

Is there any proof I can get from UKVI that can proove that my visa is in process which I can submit to the new company when I get a job?

Many Thanks!

Regards,
Sneha
Unless there is a family business or you are living in a remote island where no one else can be hired it would be almost impossible that without the physical visa anybody will hire you due to hefty penalties. Usually the present employer can be persuaded through positive ecs check whereas the new employer will always be reluctant.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sneha12
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sneha12 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:48 am

Hi,

Thanks for your input! I have had few employer agents told me you can provide a letter from UKVA to suggest your application is under process and that would be considered.

Regards,
Sneha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:28 am

What is your visa route to ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sneha12
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sneha12 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:24 pm

I had a Spouse dependent visa[5 year route], my husband is British.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Sneha12 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:48 am
Hi,

Thanks for your input! I have had few employer agents told me you can provide a letter from UKVA to suggest your application is under process and that would be considered.

Regards,
Sneha
Such letter which confirms pacifically your right of work, you might not ever receive rather an employer can liaise directly with UKVI for acquiring the positive ECS. And, if your new employer is ready in doing so then you may be good to go for the time being.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sneha12
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sneha12 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:39 pm

Thanks so much for your reply!