ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Marriage Visa..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TryllZ

Applying for Marriage Visa..

Post by TryllZ » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi,

I wanted to know what is the possibility of obtaining a marriage visa directly without having to visit the potential spouse on a visit visa first.

I'm permanently employed in Ireland and plan to get married to a 28 years woman in the UK. Both of us are Non-EU/UK. We have known each other for nearly a year now.

Is it a good idea to apply for marriage visa directly or must I visit and meet her and then return and apply for a marriage visa.

Thank You

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Marriage Visa..

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:01 pm

There is a mandatory requirement that you have met in person, face to face in order to apply for a marriage visa. It doesn't sound like this is the case.

What is her UK immigration status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TryllZ

Re: Applying for Marriage Visa..

Post by TryllZ » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:01 pm
There is a mandatory requirement that you have met in person, face to face in order to apply for a marriage visa. It doesn't sound like this is the case.

What is her UK immigration status?
Thanks for the reply, she is an international Masters student completing her masters degree.