ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

chances of getting adult dependent visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zeek88

chances of getting adult dependent visa

Post by zeek88 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:25 am

Hi.i have heard that it is nearly impossible to get adult dependent visa.is it true.i want to apply for my mum on adult dependent visa.what are the chances of getting her this visa

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: chances of getting adult dependent visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:18 am

The chances are virtually nil. In order to get an adult dependent visa the applicant has to be virtually homeless, penniless, no income or assets of any sort, no relations or support network in their home country and no means for you to provide for them from the UK.

So think of a vagrant existence and that is the level you would may have possible success - it is an incredibly hard set of conditions and is rarely granted. The cases I have seen success with involve young adults with severe disabilities that are the offspring of naturalised UK citizens.

Casa

Re: chances of getting adult dependent visa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:12 pm

Further to Frontier Mole's advice, please bear in mind that if you apply for an Adult Dependent Visa and it is refused, the door will be closed for a visitor visa in the future, due to the prior intention to settle in the UK. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.