ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of name in passport / BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

n8net
- thin ice -

Change of name in passport / BRP

Post by n8net » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:39 pm

my wife's home country passport is under her maiden name. So is the BRP for ILR she recently got thanks to advice/guidance from this forum.

Her home country passport had expired several years now (in 2019) and but got ILR approved (Dec 2020) with an expired passport.

She does not have any plans to get British passport after one year and want to renew the old home country passport, but under my surname (married name).

is there any issues with having passport under a different name and BRP under another name at airports when she travels in and out of UK?

If ihere could be a problem, how do I get the BRP name changed pls?

My original thread is here which is locked now for some reason I do not know so started this
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-wife ... l#p1924008

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Change of name in passport / BRP

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:02 am

n8net wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:39 pm
my wife's home country passport is under her maiden name. So is the BRP for ILR she recently got thanks to advice/guidance from this forum.

Her home country passport had expired several years now (in 2019) and but got ILR approved (Dec 2020) with an expired passport.

She does not have any plans to get British passport after one year and want to renew the old home country passport, but under my surname (married name).

is there any issues with having passport under a different name and BRP under another name at airports when she travels in and out of UK?

If ihere could be a problem, how do I get the BRP name changed pls?

My original thread is here which is locked now for some reason I do not know so started this
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-wife ... l#p1924008

Thanks in advance
Search the forum with your topic and you will find enough threads to provide you guidance on how to proceed.

n8net
- thin ice -

Re: Change of name in passport / BRP

Post by n8net » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:05 pm

thanks, but from the search I had done I was only able to find thread where similar questions had been asked, but no usual answers.

if you know the answers to my questions on the issues of a name change and the process..