ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How ling can I stay on visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gns3555
Newly Registered
Algeria

How ling can I stay on visit visa

Post by gns3555 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi,

My question is someone have a UK visit visa valid till 20th February 2021 and they arrive in UK on the 5th February. Can they stay in UK for 6 month although their visa is expiring on 20th Feb?

Since the UK visit visa allow to stay maximum for 6 month.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How ling can I stay on visit visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:32 pm

Can they stay in UK for 6 month although their visa is expiring on 20th Feb?
No they cannot. They must leave the UK by the date their visa expires. The 6 months is the validity the visa is granted for. It is not 6 months fro date of entry after the visa was issued almost 6 months ago.
Since the UK visit visa allow to stay maximum for 6 month.
Yea, but only within the visa validity. Coming to the UK so late doesn't mean you can stay for almost 6 months after the visa expires. It doesn't work like that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:53 pm

And keep in mind that if they overstay past 20th Feb 2021, they will have major difficulties when it comes to any future visit visa applications.

Why did they not arrive in the UK earlier?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

gns3555
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by gns3555 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:11 am

Thanks for the prompt reply. 👍🏻

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:22 am

Should not have travelled during a pandemic! Overstaying is not recommended. There may be three options.

If possible, then depart the U.K. before visa expires.
Request additional time.
Extend.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.