ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covid Vaccine on visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kt2021
Newly Registered

Covid Vaccine on visitor Visa

Post by kt2021 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:22 pm

Hi,

I'm a British citizen. My parents are currently in the UK on visitor visas. My question is, are they allowed to have their vaccines without breaking any immigration rules? Vaccine centre told us they need to register with NHS and have a NHS number.

Thank you

Casa

Re: Covid Vaccine on visitor Visa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:54 pm

kt2021 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:22 pm
Hi,

I'm a British citizen. My parents are currently in the UK on visitor visas. My question is, are they allowed to have their vaccines without breaking any immigration rules? Vaccine centre told us they need to register with NHS and have a NHS number.

Thank you
Visitors are unable to register with the NHS.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kt2021
Newly Registered

Post by kt2021 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:09 pm

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Thank you. I've now read the update with concessions during the COVID pandemic.

As local surgeries contact patients when it's their turn for a COVID vaccination (age group, vulnerability etc), your parents will first need to find a GP who will agree to register them as a temporary NHS patient.

Please be aware that this concession for free vaccination doesn't extend to all NHS treatment for visitors and this is generally charged @ 150% of the NHS costs.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kt2021
Newly Registered

Post by kt2021 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:08 pm

Thank you.

So just to confirm my parents won't face any issues in their future visa applications if they register as a temporary patient and get vaccinated free of charge? Thank you so much again!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:20 pm

kt2021 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:08 pm
Thank you.

So just to confirm my parents won't face any issues in their future visa applications if they register as a temporary patient and get vaccinated free of charge? Thank you so much again!
Not under the current circumstances.

How much longer will your parents stay in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)

kt2021
Newly Registered

Post by kt2021 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:46 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:20 pm
kt2021 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:08 pm
Thank you.

Not under the current circumstances.

How much longer will your parents stay in the UK?
Thank you for your reply. They just arrived and they will stay here for two months. The centre told us, they can fast track them if we get nhs numbers. Sorry if i am asking again, what do you mean under the current circumstances? Is it 100% confirmed that getting a vaccine for visitors is not breaking any immigration laws? Thanks again

kt2021
Newly Registered

Post by kt2021 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi, anyone pls? The NHS link is unclear and is not from the Home Office. Is there any confirmation/letter we can get from the Home Office to make sure there won't be any problem in the future? Thanks in advance!

kt2021
Newly Registered

Post by kt2021 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:34 pm

Please can anyone help me with this? I'm still not sure, thank you

kt2021
Newly Registered

Post by kt2021 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 am

Hello again!

Please someone advise me on this matter. I called the GP today and they told us they can register my parents but they would have to do a full registration. I'm not sure if this is allowed under the rules. Could someone please please let us know if they can register with a GP and get vaccincated. Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 am

I think Registering with a GP is possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zhizhab
Newly Registered

Post by zhizhab » Thu May 27, 2021 12:53 am

kt2021 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:34 pm
Please can anyone help me with this? I'm still not sure, thank you
Hi kt2021. Were you able to resolve this situation?

I'm having a similar question. We've been living in the UK on work visa till recently. I resigned from my job and we came back to our country a few months ago. Today we have received the text messages that we got on top of the queue to get vaccines. I've checked online and happens that our NHS numbers are still active.

Does anyone know if we would be able to come to the UK as visitors and actually get vaccinated? Would that be right from a legal perspective?

Thanks a lot.