ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I know the name of quarantine hotel after booking?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Will I know the name of quarantine hotel after booking?

Post by jgirgis85 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:46 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone here went through the managed quarantine hotel process and can tell me when will I know the name of the quarantine hotel. Is it immediately after booking? or on the arrival day from the red list country?

I need to know the hotel name beforehand because my company will be sending me a laptop to this hotel to be able to work remotely for the period of the quarantine. And they wouldn't allow me to take the laptop with me through the red listed country for security purposes.

So I wanted to know if I will know the name of the quarantine hotel immediately after booking online or is it like a surprise when I arrive to Heathrow they will just take me to a random hotel?

Thanks

Casa

Re: Will I know the name of quarantine hotel after booking?

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:45 pm

You are required to book a room in one of the UK Gov designated hotels within a 14 day period before travelling.

See the official guidance + booking portal in the link below:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/booking-and ... in-england
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by jgirgis85 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:21 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:45 pm
You are required to book a room in one of the UK Gov designated hotels within a 14 day period before travelling.

See the official guidance + booking portal in the link below:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/booking-and ... in-england
Thanks for your reply Casa, I read all these info before and tried the quarantine booking website. But this still doesn't answer my question of when will I know the name of the quarantine hotel.

The booking website doesn't specify any details on the booking page I can just fill the details and hit pay. So I am wondering if the name of the quarantine hotel will be in the confirmation email or is it something that I will only know once I arrive to the UK. It's very important for me to know the answer because it can ruin all my plans to work remotely from quarantine as my company wont know which hotel to send the laptop to until I arrive to the hotel which means 2-3 days of unpaid leave if that's the case added to the already hefty price of quarantine.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:24 pm

I don't have the answer, but hopefully others on the forum who have booked their quarantine hotel online will respond.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by jgirgis85 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:40 am

In case someone have the same question I was able to reach the quarantine service today over the phone and they told me that hotel details will be included in the confirmation email that is sent after paying for the service.