ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit UK visa from India - Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lp281
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Family visit UK visa from India - Question

Post by lp281 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 am

Hello,

I am planning to invite my parents this year in August (🤞🏼) on the occassion if our first child. I invited them last time in 2018. My questions are below:

1. I am happy to send all documents except my income and bank details as i am not comfortable as my friend is assisting my parents. Is there ajy wayout or auto upload of documents (similar to sopra steria) like we did when applied for ILR? I am happy to send all other documents.

2. Anyone applied recently (in last couple of weeks) a visitor visa for parents in India and experienced any issues or service disruption due to India being in redlist?

3. Slight off the forum question - Are parents allowed to travel in similar situation as us whilst India being on redlist? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

4. Any other documents needed in current covid situation such as certificate of parent getting both covid doses, negative test reports etc?

5. Is there any more suggestions for me?

The forum has been extremely assisting last few times when i was confused so I will be grateful if i get timely guidance on my above questions.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

secret.simon

Re: Family visit UK visa from India - Question

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:20 pm

While this may not apply directly to India, this thread suggests that the considerations of visit visa applications from Pakistan are suspended while Pakistan is on the red-list.

So it is possible that while India is on the red-list, the considerations of visit visa applications may be placed on hold.

EDIT: The consideration of visit visa applications from re-list countries is indeed suspended, according to the Gov.UK website.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents wrote:If you’re applying for a visitor visa

UKVI will continue to accept applications for visit visas from red, amber and green countries. Issuing applications from red list countries will be paused until travel restrictions are lifted.
lp281 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 am
Are parents allowed to travel in similar situation as us whilst India being on redlist?
I doubt it. I am not sure that the birth of a grandchild counts as a compassionate reason to travel to the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Charu79
Newly Registered
India

Post by Charu79 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:22 pm

Hi,
We applied for my MIL 5 year visitor visa on 23rd june in vfs chennai..according to vfs chennai, they are currently processing and issuing visitor visa and the timeline is 3 weeks..

So we are waiting for the 3 week period now..

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:46 pm

Your family living overseas will be unable to enter the UK while India remains on the Red list. See below the Government guidance:

"If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK . You must follow these rules even if you have been vaccinated."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.