ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gambling income/back to back entries on 2-year tourist visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bpj87
Newly Registered

Gambling income/back to back entries on 2-year tourist visa

Post by bpj87 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:29 pm

Hi, I have a few questions regarding tourists visas. I will explain the situation as best I can...

My fiancé and I have been living in Thailand for 4 years. Last year I went back to the UK and got 'stuck' due to travel restrictions and I couldn't return to Thailand. So we successfully applied for a 'marriage visitor visa' for my fiancé, using my Mum as a sponsor. She visited for 2 months and then we returned to Thailand. We were unable to get married due to the 'Tier' lockdowns.

Now, we would like to return to the UK for several months as the covid situation in Thailand is getting worse. We are looking at applying for a 2-year tourist visa. We would be staying with my mum at her house and I would get her to write an invitation letter. However, this time I would like to be the sponsor instead of asking my 70 year old mum to help again. My income comes from online gambling. I can show about £15k in the bank but it all comes from transfers from multiple people as I use their betting accounts. I also have £6k invested in mutual funds that I could show proof of.

My questions are;

1. Will my cash in the bank be acceptable without a 'normal' regular income?

2. If after 6 months the covid situation in Thailand wasn't better, could we leave the UK for a couple of weeks holiday and then return or is there a certain period of time before re-entering?

3. Will it look suspicious that we still haven't married after previously entering on a Marriage Visitor Visa?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Casa

Re: Gambling income/back to back entries on 2-year tourist visa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:01 pm

The main issue will be to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that your fiancee will be a genuine visitor and intends to return to her own country within the validity of the visitor visa. This may prove difficult due to the previous intention to settle in the UK, which will be on her immigration record. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bpj87
Newly Registered

Re: Gambling income/back to back entries on 2-year tourist visa

Post by bpj87 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:01 pm
The main issue will be to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that your fiancee will be a genuine visitor and intends to return to her own country within the validity of the visitor visa. This may prove difficult due to the previous intention to settle in the UK, which will be on her immigration record. :idea:
There was no previous attempt to settle. Only to come to visit and get married in the UK