ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Skilled worker to tier 1 dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsriram8
Newly Registered

Switching from Skilled worker to tier 1 dependent

Post by hsriram8 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Hi everyone, I have a query .. My husband is on Skiller worker visa and I am on Tier 1 visa. He has already spent some time on skilled worker visa.. if he switches to tier 1 dependent - does the time spent on the skilled worker visa count towards settlement (ILR) or does his clock reset when he switches to my dependent ?

Thanks in advance.

secret.simon

Re: Switching from Skilled worker to tier 1 dependent

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:25 am

hsriram8 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:20 pm
does his clock reset when he switches to my dependent ?
He will qualify to apply for ILR after either five years on the same (or similar; such as Tier 2 & Skilled Worker) visa OR 10 years of Long Residence under a mixture of visas.
hsriram8 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:20 pm
does the time spent on the skilled worker visa count towards settlement (ILR)
Yes, but only under the 10 year Long Residence pathway. If he wants to apply for ILR after 5 years, he needs to stay on the same visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

hsriram8
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Skilled worker to tier 1 dependent

Post by hsriram8 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:31 am

Thank you. So essentially when he switches to my dependent he loses the time spent on his pbs skilled worker visa.

Thanks so much !!