ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 Months Visa scheme for EU national to end on Christmas Eve

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Osman akdağ
Newly Registered
Turkey

3 Months Visa scheme for EU national to end on Christmas Eve

Post by Osman akdağ » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:06 pm

Can anyone tell me how can apply for this job please İ am from Turkey

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 3 Months Visa scheme for EU national to end on Christmas Eve

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:07 pm

It's for EU citizens only. Turkey is not part of the EU so you wouldn't qualify.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Osman akdağ
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Osman akdağ » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:52 pm

but i heard in our Tv that we can apply .... do you know what should i do to apply please help me i want to try my chance.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:46 pm

The Gov.UK website lists the following requirements to qualify under the HGV drivers scheme.
You’re eligible to be considered under this concession if you:
  • are a non-visa national
  • hold an EU, EEA or Swiss licence to drive HGV fuel tankers (HGV category C or C+E plus current accreditation for the transport of fuel further to the international convention about dangerous goods transport)
  • have been issued with an HGV fuel driver’s endorsement letter by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
  • arrive in the UK for the purpose of undertaking employment, as an HGV fuel tanker driver between 1 October 2021 and 15 October 2021
Keep in mind that the idea is for these drivers to be able to be ready to start work immediately (they must arrive in the UK by 15th October) and for a short period of time (they must leave by 31st March 2022). So there is no time to either train the drivers or for there to be extensive scrutiny of their visa applications. That is why, while it is not limited to EEA nationals, it is limited to non-visa nationals.

Turkish citizens are, to the best of my knowledge, visa nationals and hence not eligible to apply under this scheme.

If you can, you should inform the TV channels in Turkey of the more precise requirements for this visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:26 am

God help British road users. This government is not only a threat to our economic wellbeing, they also threaten our physical wellbeing also.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:39 am

Obie wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:26 am
God help British road users. This government is not only a threat to our economic wellbeing, they also threaten our physical wellbeing also.
It's the EU who thought is was a good idea to insist that EEA citizens did not have to pass the strict UK driving test and can just exchange their driving licence for a UK licence.

At least the HGV drivers on these visas will be driving right hand drive HGVs. The foreign owned left hand HGVs can be very dangerous on UK roads.
https://www.rospa.com/rospaweb/docs/adv ... ve-hgv.pdf

So glad to see the EU and Irish Republic HGV drivers using the English and Welsh roads as their "land bridge shortcut" to/from the Republic of Ireland, is now being greatly reduced following Brexit. France will now be the lucky winner of the polluton from these lorries as they travel to the (longer travelling time) ferry routes to/from the Republic of Ireland. Although the British taxpayer had to fund the cost of roads upkeep from these HGVs using the "land bridge" as these foreign registered HGVs didn't pay to use the roads and the UK was told by the EU that they could not charge them, I shouild imagine the French will put up some more toll booths to make these companies pay for their HGVs travelling on French roads.