ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP replacement card only last 2 years?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LONGSHOT
Newly Registered

BRP replacement card only last 2 years?

Post by LONGSHOT » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:07 pm

Very quickly got my new Resident Permit card (settlement) but found out it will only last two years instead of another 10 years. It will expire in the end of 2024, anyone has the same experience? Someone said due to the card technology renew issue therefore all the cards will expire at the same time. Really?

zimba
Mood:

Re: BRP replacement card only last 2 years?

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:08 pm

LONGSHOT wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:07 pm
Very quickly got my new Resident Permit card (settlement) but found out it will only last two years instead of another 10 years. It will expire in the end of 2024, anyone has the same experience? Someone said due to the card technology renew issue therefore all the cards will expire at the same time. Really?
general-uk-immigration-forum/ilr-brp-ca ... l#p2072864
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

LONGSHOT
Newly Registered

Post by LONGSHOT » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:15 pm

Did you say anything? I couldn't see nothing.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:36 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:08 pm
LONGSHOT wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:07 pm
general-uk-immigration-forum/ilr-brp-ca ... l#p2072864
Did you click on the link in blue on Zimba's post above? This will give you the explanation regarding expiry. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.