ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry stamp missing

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mayyur123

Entry stamp missing

Post by mayyur123 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:19 pm

Hi, my wife has Pakistani passport and ILR BRP, she came back to the UK from Pakistan after few days holidays. When she entered back in the UK at Heathrow airport the border control officer checked her Pakistani passport and UK Indefinite BRP card but he did not put entry stamp on her Pakistani Passport.
Did he forget to stamp the passport or is it a common issue? How will we prove her travel history at time of citizenship application?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Entry stamp missing

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:52 am

mayyur123 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:19 pm
Hi, my wife has Pakistani passport and ILR BRP, she came back to the UK from Pakistan after few days holidays. When she entered back in the UK at Heathrow airport the border control officer checked her Pakistani passport and UK Indefinite BRP card but he did not put entry stamp on her Pakistani Passport.
Did he forget to stamp the passport or is it a common issue? How will we prove her travel history at time of citizenship application?
Thanks
You do not need to prove anything as UK entry records are stored digitally too. This is often a non issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mayyur123

Post by mayyur123 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:54 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:52 am
mayyur123 wrote:
Thanks
You do not need to prove anything as UK entry records are stored digitally too. This is often a non issue
Thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:11 am

mayyur123 wrote:
How will we prove her travel history at time of citizenship application?
You do not have to prove travel history when you apply for citizenship. You have to supply the list of absences, but you do not have to prove them. (For example, EU citizens before Brexit never had their passport stamped. This is not an issue.)

The other aspect of a citizenship application, is that you have to prove residence in the UK for a continuous period of time (usually 5 years). Here is when stamps also may come in handy, but if you don't have them, you can also supply letters of employment and P60s, among a number of other possible documents.

So in all, not having all the stamps of all your travels, is not an issue.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:33 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:11 am
You do not have to prove travel history when you apply for citizenship. You have to supply the list of absences, but you do not have to prove them. (For example, EU citizens before Brexit never had their passport stamped. This is not an issue.)
I think that concession (of not proving their absences) was only provided to EEA citizens and their family members, precisely because their passports were not stamped. That concession may not apply to applicants on other immigration pathways.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.