ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Remote Job offer permits for Tier 2 PR visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kribs
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Will Remote Job offer permits for Tier 2 PR visa?

Post by Kribs » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:06 pm

Hello Friends,

I recently got hired remotely in India from UK based company. Since the opportunity is very unexpected and surprising, I thought I could apply for Tier 2 ILR visa with that remote Job offer. This ILR process is very new for me and I am excited and worry at the same time, thinking that If I am eligible for ILR. I have couple of questions below and I hope I get some clarities from this forum. Thanks in advance friends.

1) Will my remote job offer from UK based company is good enough for Tier 2 Visa process?' or sponsorship is needed from the company? this is because I am applying directly.
2)If I can apply for Tier 2 Visa, should I apply before I join the company or later? If before or later, how long is that?
3)I am moving with my husband If I am eligible, does he need any credential or assessment?
4) What are the steps to create to an profile for ILR?
5) My current job code is 2139 (I am hired as Senior QA Software Test Engineer) is this code right?
6) My hired company is asking if I should take salary in INR or Sterling pounds, what would you guys suggest?

Many Thanks,
Kribs

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Will Remote Job offer permits for Tier 2 PR visa?

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:16 pm

If you will be working in India remotely, then no, you do not qualify for a Skilled Worker visa sponsored by your employer.

A skilled worker visa can only be sponsored by a ukvi licenced skilled worker sponsor. You cannot apply for this visa on your own without an employer sponsoring you.

Also note that you can only apply for ILR after living and working for 5 years in the UK.

How did this company contact you, did they reach out to you or did you apply for something with them? There are many scam companies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kribs
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Kribs » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:30 pm

Thank you CR001 for the reply.

Oh I understand now. I got this Job offer from a ex-colleague (British) whom I worked in Tesco. The Job part is legit. Thanks once again :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:13 pm

If remotely working means your physical presence not required in the job role hence no need for Skilled Work Visa to be done for you.