ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Rejection letter or refusal stamp on passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mramay

No Rejection letter or refusal stamp on passport

Post by mramay » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:51 pm

Hi All

I recently applied for my mother's visit visa for 10 years. My mother received the email from VFS global to collect the passport. She has collected the passport but there was neither any stamp of visa on the passport nor the rejection letter stating the reason of refusal. The appointment of the biometrics and submission of passport was on 17th Nov and she received email yesterday to collect the passport. The turnaround is pretty quick as well.

She has already visited us here with my father three times on 6 months standard visa and her visa previously never rejected. This time I applied for 10 years to save them hassle of applying again and again. She is pensioner and strong bank statement. She applied last week alongside my father who is also retired from high post from civil secretariat Pakistan. His application has not been processed yet.

Please help how we can figure out the reason of rejection so we can re-apply addressing that.

Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: No Rejection letter or refusal stamp on passport

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:03 pm

You/she should contact her visa application centre immediately to find out what had happened.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mramay

Post by mramay » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:46 pm

Thanks Vinny for the reply, I have asked her to visit VFS Lahore on Monday. I hope they will have some answer for her.

Once she will visit the centre, I will post their reply here.

mramay

Post by mramay » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:46 am

Good Morning

She has been to the VFS Lahore office today and they advised her to email by using the form: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

I will contact them today and will post for any response I may receive. Meanwhile thank you very much for the support. It is quite frustrating to receive nothing with the passport and VFS is no use at all.

Regards

mramay

Post by mramay » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:51 am

Dear All

We have received following response
Off Topic
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.

We hereby acknowledge the receipt of your below email along with the documents attached. The documents have been linked with your application and passed to the concerned department for further processing.

You will be contacted once a decision is made on your application.

Kind Regards
We are not sure what does that mean. Decision not taken yet? If not, then how they have returned the passport and we received email that application has been processed. Can you please help us to understand?
Kind Regards

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:13 am

I feel like it's a generic acknowledgement email, they saw VFS and passed it over to whoever is responsible with this auto-reply.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:15 am

mramay wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:51 am
Dear All

We have received following response
Off Topic
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.

We hereby acknowledge the receipt of your below email along with the documents attached. The documents have been linked with your application and passed to the concerned department for further processing.

You will be contacted once a decision is made on your application.

Kind Regards
We are not sure what does that mean. Decision not taken yet? If not, then how they have returned the passport and we received email that application has been processed. Can you please help us to understand?
Kind Regards
This is probably a default automated response from the email address you sent your message to. Kinda like a out of office response.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mramay

Post by mramay » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:33 am

Thanks @TickTak and @meself2. We will then keep on waiting for their response to figure out what happened to my mother's application. I hope to receive reply from them soon.

mramay

Post by mramay » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:03 pm

We received the response saying to resubmit the passport which we did on 22/12/2022. They again emailed on 28/12 and 05/01 saying resubmit the passport but I think that's the mistake.
Off Topic
Reminder
GWF Number: GWFXXXXXX

Dear Respected,

I am writing to inform you that a decision has been made on your UK visa application. Because you applied under the Keep My Passport While Applying service, please can you arrange to resubmit your passport to the centre as soon as possible.

Address: (UK VISA APPLICATION CENTRE / 20 – A Queens Road Opposite Ganga Ram Hospital, Lahore.)

*Timings: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm *Except public holidays

Please note that you may resubmit your passport using the below-listed options
We have replied that passport has already been resubmitted with receipt.

Any idea how long they will take to return the passport.

Thanks and Regards

mramay

Post by mramay » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:15 pm

We never applied under Keep my passport service but the reminder emails do mention about that service. We are actually getting worried if they do have the passport. We replied them with the receipt but haven't received any response yet. The emails are coming from Pass Back Lahore (ppblhe@gerrys....)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:36 pm

It seems you are still getting generic automated responses.

mramay

Post by mramay » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:38 pm

Yes, they replied today and said don't worry if you have submitted the passport already. I hope we will get the result soon.