ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport hasn’t been returned

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Iham85
Newly Registered
Iraq

Passport hasn’t been returned

Post by Iham85 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:05 am

Dear team,

Just looking for an advice here please.
My brother applied for a visit visa to the UK on the 03/08/22. His visa was refused in September. However, since then he has not received his passport back.
We contacted ukvi several times and three escalations were raised but no benefit so far. I have emailed the HO office complaint email address being his sponsor but no reply was received.
Every time I speak to ukvi they just issue an escalation while hiding behind the phone lines. He has lost significant time not being able to do English exam to travel in the last 4 months and this causing him mental issues now. He is due to finalise his study application for canada and now he lost the opportunity to join the course in May given the delay in his passport return.

There is no way to speak directly to HO about this because the automated machine will direct us to UKVI number.

What else can we do? Can we lodge a legal case against UkVI? How we can get this started if any?
Any similar situation before?

Appreciate your input.
Thanks,
Iham

vinny

Re: Passport hasn’t been returned

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Passport hasn’t been returned

Post by lolo2 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:46 am

Did he try going back to the application centre?

I understand in some countries this might be difficult to do without an appointment, but sometimes it's possible to visit the centre if something went wrong with the application.