ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa parents 6 months, ?Reset

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Visit Visa parents 6 months, ?Reset

Post by ksadoc » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:27 pm

Dear All,

My in-laws are visiting us and have Visit Visa for 10 years. Now I know they can stay for 06 months. Once this 06 mohths is about to expire, can they go out of the country and re-enter UK and will this re-set there time to 06 months again. If so, is there any minimum time they have to spend outside UK before re-entering UK, please?
Just that both parents are working, each in diffrent cities350 mile apart and getting childcare in that part of UK is zero and cant afford.

Please advice.
Thanks you all for reading.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Visit Visa parents 6 months, ?Reset

Post by meself2 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:19 pm

Childcare would be considered work; I would be very careful with choice on words when entering UK.

Regarding your question - no, it's not that simple. See post2100080.html#p2100080 for more information.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Post by ksadoc » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:30 pm

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm

In order to remain within the terms of the visitor visa, your parents shouldn't be spending more time in the UK in a 12 month rolling period, than they are spending in their home country. Frequent visits could be viewed as an attempt to reside in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.