ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC has been successful

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

BC has been successful

Post by spooklightCW » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:09 pm

Hi All

:) Would like to share this moment with all of you that
I received a letter from the Home Office on Friday
saying that my British Citizenship application has been successful.

I was so relieved and will wait for the letter of invitation to attend the ceremony to receive my naturalisation certificate.

Thanks for all the advice and information from this website.

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:40 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy your Citizenship Ceremony!
John

pills
Newly Registered

Post by pills » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:39 pm

Wanted to ask you something - I got my approval letter too and the citizenship ceremony invitationas well. On calling them up, I was told that the next available date was in 1st week of May for a meeting after which they would fix the ceremony. Any idea what this is about??? The meeting before the ceremony seems to be a new thing???

Would appreciate any inputs from people who have gone thru this.

cheers,

John

Post by John » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:14 pm

Pills, what on earth are they talking about? All they need to do is send you a simple form and ask you to complete it. That form will indicate possible dates for the ceremony, and things like whether you want to swear the oath, or affirm.

Your disclosed location is London. It is the relevant London Borough that will arrange the ceremony. If I were you I would get back to them and ask them to send the needed form, or to give you the necessary details over the phone. If they will not relent then I would contact one of the local councillors there and ask them what their "citizenship office" is playing at.

Here is Birmingham they are performing Citizenship Ceremonies on two days per month, with at least two separate ceremonies on each of those days, with scope to increase up to four ceremonies per day when required. After my wife received her letter from Liverpool saying that she had been successful, we phoned Birmingham City Council and were told the dates of the ceremonies. We told them we wanted to go ahead on 9th June, just two weeks away, and they pencilled that in. That was then confirmed on the form that arrived.

Sounds like someone in the office in your London Borough is just trying to invent unnecessary work.
John

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:38 pm

Congrats Catwoman!

Just curious, when did u submit your app? Just wanted to know how long it took?

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

Post by spooklightCW » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:51 pm

Hiya

I submitted my application on 3rd week of January.

It took approximately 6 to 7 weeks...

I received the letter on Friday 11th of March.

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

Post by spooklightCW » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:44 pm

Hi All,

Got my Invitation letter on Friday and Im attending the ceremony
on 31st of March at Lancashire County Coucil in Preston.

Thanks to all of you

John

Post by John » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:05 pm

That's great ... only 10 days away .... enjoy the ceremony!

Don't forget to register as an elector as soon as you have attended the ceremony!
John