ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Visit visa for couple

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imran333
Newly Registered

Uk Visit visa for couple

Post by imran333 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:35 pm

I live in uk and my brother lives here aswell and he’s getting married here and I want my cousin from Pakistan to come to the wedding but not quite sure what visa to apply and the requirements, also now his wife wants to come as well so I wanted to know if that’s even possible or will it jeopardise the visa for my cousin, we got spare bedrooms and my cousin has a job in Pakistan to go back to but his wife doesn’t, I got a full time job and they will be able to support there own funding and they can show my cousin has a job but don’t know how much money my cousin needs to show in his bank and if it’s even possible for his wife to come along, I can support my cousins stay as well if I have to, just need some more info on these things I mentioned and if his wife coming with my cousin is a issue

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Uk Visit visa for couple

Post by Ticktack » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:13 am

imran333 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:35 pm
I live in uk and my brother lives here aswell and he’s getting married here and I want my cousin from Pakistan to come to the wedding but not quite sure what visa to apply Visiting and the requirements, also now his wife wants to come as well so I wanted to know if that’s even possible same visa or will it jeopardise the visa for my cousin Depends on funds available to them, we got spare bedrooms and my cousin has a job in Pakistan to go back to but his wife doesn’t, I got a full time job and they will be able to support there own funding and they can show my cousin has a job but don’t know how much money my cousin needs to show in his bank and if it’s even possible for his wife to come along, I can support my cousins stay as well if I have to, just need some more info on these things I mentioned and if his wife coming with my cousin is a issue
Your cousin and his spouse can apply together. The major factor is that your cousin being the sponsor must have a lot of funds sitting in his account.

Tickets from Pakistan to the UK must be at least £1k each x 2. £2k

Not sure when the wedding is planned for, but your cousin must have a minimum if £6k in his accounts for the 6 months preceding the application to visit. This would increase their chances.
You don't want a scenario where they are spending over half of their savings on a holiday.
He needs to show that he earns enough to afford the trip for the pair of them.

You can support with the accommodation, feeding and general upkeep. But he needs to be earning enough to afford the trip.

I hope he earns over £500 monthly. Even this is low, but anything less than that would be a struggle.

6 months statement of account
6 months payslip
Marriage cert (shows they're a couple, especially if they still have different names on passport)
Letter from work showing leave approval
Letter of Employment showing annual income
Letter from yourselves saying he can stay at yours
Invitation card of the wedding, showing reason for coming
And anything else you think of that doesn't come to my mind right now.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:51 pm

What evidence will your cousin and his wife be able to submit to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that they have stronger ties in their home country than they will have with family in the UK. They need to be able to submit documented evidence of reasons to return to Pakistan after their visit. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

imran333
Newly Registered

Post by imran333 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:49 pm

My cousin got a job to go back to but he’s wife hasn’t, they got properties there they own, I need to find out if there wage is £500 a month, I thought the sponsor gives some sort of assurance they will go back as it’s just a wedding and not a holiday,
What if I was to say I will pay for everything then what do I need to show ?

imran333
Newly Registered

Post by imran333 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:08 pm

I’m thinking of just my cousin to come over so it might make it easier, my cousin has a job to go back to and his wife and got some land where they will be building a house there, his wage is not a lot, around £125 a month but he has savings, his savings are not £5k though, we can book the tickets before hand so that’s not a issue

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:50 am

imran333 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:49 pm
My cousin got a job to go back to but he’s wife hasn’t, they got properties there they own, I need to find out if there wage is £500 a month, I thought the sponsor gives some sort of assurance they will go back as it’s just a wedding and not a holiday,
What if I was to say I will pay for everything then what do I need to show ?
He can add his property documents to the invitation. Saying you'd fully sponsor a grown man isn't exactly the best. It shows he's not exactly self sustaining. The burden of proof is for the visitor to show that they are doing well and can afford a tourist visa, by sticking to the conditions and returning home after their visit.
Tourism is an invest opportunity for countries to allow visitors come in and spend money in the UK. At this point, it doesn't look like your cousin would be adding anything to the growth of the UK economy.
It's all about the money!
I’m thinking of just my cousin to come over so it might make it easier, my cousin has a job to go back to and his wife and got some land where they will be building a house there, his wage is not a lot, around £125 a month but he has savings, his savings are not £5k though, we can book the tickets before hand so that’s not a issue
£125 x 12 = £1,500 per annum.

The flight ticket alone has whopped the whole annual savings.

Now the ECO is thinking :o . In what world would a person spend 2 years savings on a 2 weeks holiday. It just don't feel right.

Not saying that your cousin can't decide to enjoy himself and tick off the bucket list. But the ECO doesn't see it that way. Don't forget, it's not a hobby for the HO, it's their day job! Scrutiny is the order of the day.

However, I'm one for a gamble, so you can give it a good go and pray for the best. But in my opinion, the chance for success is maybe 15%.

imran333
Newly Registered

Post by imran333 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:06 pm

I know the wage is not a lot but that’s the reality in that country but he’s got savings that can cover the costs for the ticket and he doesn’t need extra money as he will be staying with me but even then after the cost of the tickets he will have money left in his account , maybe he could even buy the ticket upfront and show around £2k savings, it’s not a holiday but a wedding he’s coming to which inlay happens once so of course there willing to buy a plane ticket as the rest of expenses are just good which we supply and a bedroom to stay in

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:28 pm

imran333 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:06 pm
I know the wage is not a lot but that’s the reality in that country but he’s got savings that can cover the costs for the ticket and he doesn’t need extra money as he will be staying with me but even then after the cost of the tickets he will have money left in his account , maybe he could even buy the ticket upfront and show around £2k savings, it’s not a holiday but a wedding he’s coming to which inlay happens once so of course there willing to buy a plane ticket as the rest of expenses are just good which we supply and a bedroom to stay in
It is for the application and applicant's circumstances to convince the ECO with no emotions or feelings attached.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:01 am

imran333 wrote:
I completely understand that it is reality in that country. Not just that country, but in the world as a whole.
Some countries don't require a visa to enter the UK because "the citizens are high earning". The risk of emigrating is low.
But other countries with low wages is the exact opposite.

Unfortunately, we do not choose the families or countries we're born into, but that's the hand life has dealt you.
One has to work 3 times as hard to prove that you're not an economic migrant.

Wives are denied visas to see their husband. Husbands are denied visas to see their wife. In the eyes of the HO, your cousin not being there wouldn't stop the wedding from happening.
# No sentiments attached.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:16 pm

imran333 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:08 pm
we can book the tickets before hand so that’s not a issue
imran333 wrote:
maybe he could even buy the ticket upfront and show around £2k savings
This is inadvisable and it doesn't have any impact on the application. Flight tickets should be bought once the visa has been approved.

I believe you still can sponsor your cousin following the same procedure for people sponsoring parents or siblings (Visiting the UK). In such case, his (low) earnings have to be compensated by a much healthier finances of the sponsor (you).

imran333
Newly Registered

Post by imran333 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:20 pm

I appreciate the replies and I don’t think it’s looking good, I think they expect too much, I can show my savings and wages and cousinvg can show his wages and savings but he doesn’t earn a lot, I’ll be the one supporting them while there here as they only need a room and food, that’s not a issue but the issue is the wage is low but can’t do anything about that, it is what it is and just going to apply and hope for the best

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:13 am

imran333 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:20 pm
I appreciate the replies and I don’t think it’s looking good, I think they expect too much, I can show my savings and wages and cousinvg can show his wages and savings but he doesn’t earn a lot, I’ll be the one supporting them while there here as they only need a room and food, that’s not a issue but the issue is the wage is low but can’t do anything about that, it is what it is and just going to apply and hope for the best
Good luck and please do let us know how things pan out.