ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE for Visitor Visa Duration of Stay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sohaib5588
Newly Registered

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE for Visitor Visa Duration of Stay

Post by sohaib5588 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:34 pm

Respected Gurus,

My mother has 2 years visitor visa for UK. She has been in the UK since 17th December 2022. Her current visa expires in June 2024. She has a return ticket to Pakistan for tomorrow but I am planning to extend her stay until 30th April 2023. I am aware that the maximum duration a person can stay on visit visa is 6 months at a time.

My questions are:

1. I plan to apply for her 10 years visa after her current 2 years visa expires in 2024. If she stays for a long duration i.e. 140 days on this visit, although it is still less than 180 days or 6 months, will it affect her getting a 10 years visa in the future?

2. She has visited on her current 2 years visa once before from 16th July 2022 to 26th September 2022 i.e. 72 days. This means if she extends her current visit till 30th April of this year as mentioned above, she would have spent 202 days within a 12 months period. Can this badly affect her long term 10 years visa application in the future?

I will be very grateful for your expert advice.

Thank you very much.

bathanza

Re: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE for Visitor Visa Duration of Stay

Post by bathanza » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:07 pm

I highly doubt it will impact on the application. However I think it'll be preferable for them to see a 5 year visa so you demonstrate more of an immigration history in the Uk.

My mother in law had two 2 year visas and was staying 5 or 6 months at a time. Currently on a 5 year visa and GOT QUESTIONED as there was a 3 month visit Dec 2021 to March 22 then May 22 to Sept 22. They're concerned about spending more than 6 months in a year. Fuzzy rules as to when a year starts to be honest.

Wish you well if you're applying 10 year straight away!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

sohaib5588
Newly Registered

Post by sohaib5588 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:09 pm

Thank you for the advice.
Can I please confirm, when you say more than 3 months visit got questioned, can you please clarify how this was questioned? Was it questioned on a subsequent visa application?
Or was it questioned when she arrived in the UK by immigration officer?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:47 am

sohaib5588 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:09 pm
Thank you for the advice.
Can I please confirm, when you say more than 3 months visit got questioned, can you please clarify how this was questioned? Was it questioned on a subsequent visa application?
Or was it questioned when she arrived in the UK by immigration officer? More probable this

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:56 am

bathanza wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:07 pm
Fuzzy rules as to when a year starts to be honest.

Not fuzzy at all.

It´s a rolling period.

Today is the 14th of March 2023. Look back at all time spent in the UK since 14th of March 2022 and you know whether they spent more time in the UK than outside the UK within a year.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:23 pm

Basically, a visitor shouldn't be seen to spend more time in the UK than they are spending in their own country, during a rolling 12 month period. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.