ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police complaint

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

B1qp
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Police complaint

Post by B1qp » Sat May 20, 2023 11:23 pm

Hello. I’ve been in student visa since 2021. I’m a disabled person living in a flat with reception staff. The staff is present at reception 24/7 and need to let everyone entering the building through a buzzer.

For past few weeks the night staff had been harassing me. last week I got fed up and told them I’ll be making a complaint against them and we argued a bit. Then I went out for 1 min and came back. While entering the building they refused to let me enter and told me they have called the police for abusing them which I never did.

Then they tried to scare me into accepting that they haven’t harassed me for last few weeks. I apologised. They let me enter after some time and cancelled the police complaint. Police never came.

Next day I complained against them and I was told by management that I wasn’t supposed to be refused entry to accommodation by the staff and only called police if I was aggressive which I wasn’t.

I know that any criminal record can affect your chances for further visa and later citizenship. I was wondering could the false police complaint against me affect me? Should I get in written from staff that I wasn’t at fault?

Casa

Re: Police complaint

Post by Casa » Sun May 21, 2023 10:13 am

No. You don't need to be concerned.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Police complaint

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 22, 2023 5:30 am

B1qp wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:23 pm
Hello. I’ve been in student visa since 2021. I’m a disabled person living in a flat with reception staff. The staff is present at reception 24/7 and need to let everyone entering the building through a buzzer.

For past few weeks the night staff had been harassing me. last week I got fed up and told them I’ll be making a complaint against them and we argued a bit. Then I went out for 1 min and came back. While entering the building they refused to let me enter and told me they have called the police for abusing them which I never did.

Then they tried to scare me into accepting that they haven’t harassed me for last few weeks. I apologised. They let me enter after some time and cancelled the police complaint. Police never came.

Next day I complained against them and I was told by management that I wasn’t supposed to be refused entry to accommodation by the staff and only called police if I was aggressive which I wasn’t.

I know that any criminal record can affect your chances for further visa and later citizenship. I was wondering could the false police complaint against me affect me? Should I get in written from staff that I wasn’t at fault?
Complaint does not become a criminal record and as stated by MOD, do not be concerned.