ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bangladesh
Newly Registered
Portugal

Returning to UK

Post by Bangladesh » Sun May 28, 2023 12:22 am

I am bangladesi citizen, left UK during the process of my UK appeal(paper hearing), appeal got accepted and received BRP, DLR valid till 2025. I currently hold Portuguese residents permit for work(Professional Subordinate/worker Temporary Leave till 2024) & UK BRP & Bangladesh passport issued in London
Can i return?

vinny

Re: Returning to UK

Post by vinny » Sun May 28, 2023 12:48 am

If you have
Bangladesh wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 12:22 am
BRP, DLR valid till 2025. I currently hold Portuguese residents permit for work(Professional Subordinate/worker Temporary Leave till 2024) & UK BRP & Bangladesh passport issued in London
and your passport hasn’t expired, then I think yes. Unless your Portuguese residents permit for work(Professional Subordinate/worker Temporary Leave till 2024 was a change of circumstances that affects your appeal?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bangladesh
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Bangladesh » Sun May 28, 2023 1:01 am

Thanks for your reply, my passport also valid.
My appeal is granted on article 8, I am UK resident since 2007. Refused ILR on 10yrs route.

My concern is my exit from UK was without stamp by road december 22, as i gave up on UK.

Will border force make it issue if they can't find exit stamp on passport

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 28, 2023 9:09 am

There are a number of things that may impact your return.
If you departed the U.K. prior to the outcome of your appeal it is technically abandonment of your claim if your claim was under Article 8 private life in the U.K.

The question would be what happens at the point of return. If you have your DLR BRP then it will come down to the Border Force Officer noting what entry stamps you have in your passport. If it noted that you left the U.K. before granted DLR then it would be an issue.

If noted what would be the outcome - no idea. It will be up to BF whether they grant entry on a temporary basis or deny entry.