ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visitor Visa issued too early

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AvinashProdduturi
Newly Registered

Standard Visitor Visa issued too early

Post by AvinashProdduturi » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:20 pm

Hi,

I have applied for standard visitor visa to my parents for dates starting from Aug 1 2023 to Jan 15 2024.

The purpose was to see some tourist attractions and also spend time with family/grand children. My daughter's and my birthday are in Jan and were hoping to celebrate with entire family.

My parents have got their Visas today, that is, Jun 03 2023. To our surprise it has been issued from May 30 2023 until Nov 30 2023.

Is there a way the start/end date can be changed to later dates?
It is Entry clearance visa, does it mean from the day of their arrival between the mentioned dates on the Visa, they can stay upto 6 months? Can they come in August and leave in Jan 2024?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Avi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Standard Visitor Visa issued too early

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:57 pm

Did you specifically and very clearly state you wanted a visa from x date? Not just stating date of intended travel.

They can only visit the UK between the dates the visa is valid and must leave by the expiry date in November.

The visa validity has absolutely nothing to do with the date they enter the UK. It is the valid from and valid to dates that are the duration of the visa and during which time they can visit the UK. So they have to leave by 30th November 2023 otherwise they are overstaying and will be illegally in the UK.

When did you apply for the visa? Are you aware that a visa can only be dated up to 3 months in advance and is not always granted as such. Unsure why you applied so early for a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AvinashProdduturi
Newly Registered

Post by AvinashProdduturi » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:03 pm

Thanks CR001.

I have applied on May 7th 2023, biometrics were given on May 17th 2023 and we got the response by June 3rd.

I clearly stated the start date as Aug 1st 2023 and end date and Jan 15 2024 in the application.

I waited till May as I needed my start date from Aug 1st and May 7th is well within 3 months.

I did not apply early as per the UKVI, but in general was worried about slow processing of applications and took the earliest slots available.

I think I have got no option than to plan as per new dates. :(

Thanks,
Avi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:06 pm

You should have added a cover letter explaining the dates required and why etc and requesting the visa to be granted for x date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AvinashProdduturi
Newly Registered

Post by AvinashProdduturi » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:36 pm

Probably that would have helped the case officer. I have not included that.
I will make a note of it in future.

Appreciate the prompt response.

Thanks,
Avi

AvinashProdduturi
Newly Registered

Post by AvinashProdduturi » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:32 pm

Hi CR001,

Is there a possibility, If I could appeal on the dates on the vignette.

Thanks,
Avi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:26 pm

You cannot appeal. You can request them to review.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AvinashProdduturi
Newly Registered

Post by AvinashProdduturi » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:24 pm

Any advise on how one can request to review the application?

Thanks,
Avi

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:57 am

Correcting an incorrect endorsement: ECB19
If an applicant finds, before they’ve arrived in the UK, that their visa has been issued with an incorrect endorsement they must contact their visa application centre immediately to correct it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:13 am

AvinashProdduturi wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:24 pm

Thanks,
Avi
I personally have never seen a UK visit visa approved but allowed to kick start on a future date. The start date is always the day the approval was given (within the agreed service time). If you applied too early, you get your visa too early.

Same thing with USA, Canada and Irish visiting visa. The only exceptions are Schengen visas to the best of my knowledge. They are the only ones that would show issue date, validity date and expiry date.

Not sure a cover letter would have made any difference.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:31 am

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:13 am
AvinashProdduturi wrote:

Thanks,
Avi
I personally have never seen a UK visit visa approved but allowed to kick start on a future date. The start date is always the day the approval was given No (within the agreed service time). If you applied too early, you get your visa too early.

Same thing with USA, Canada and Irish visiting visa. The only exceptions are Schengen visas to the best of my knowledge. They are the only ones that would show issue date, validity date and expiry date.

You can specify when you want the visa start date to be after considering what your plan is. Currently have someone coming to visit for summer and visa approved and passport back with her already however visa start date is 15th July 2023 as per request in application and repeated twice in cover letter.
Several of this first hand experience and I am of the opinion the cover letters were the clincher.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:43 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:31 am
Ticktack wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:13 am
AvinashProdduturi wrote:

Thanks,
Avi
I personally have never seen a UK visit visa approved but allowed to kick start on a future date. The start date is always the day the approval was given No (within the agreed service time). If you applied too early, you get your visa too early.

You can specify when you want the visa start date to be after considering what your plan is. Currently have someone coming to visit for summer and visa approved and passport back with her already however visa start date is 15th July 2023 as per request in application and repeated twice in cover letter.
Several of this first hand experience and I am of the opinion the cover letters were the clincher.
Like I said, best of my knowledge. Nice to know that it's possible. I'd do more research on that.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:12 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.