ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP place of birth concatenation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

justanormaluser
Newly Registered
Mood:

BRP place of birth concatenation

Post by justanormaluser » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:48 am

Hi all,

I applied for a BRP and received it recently.

I had 2 questions that I was hoping you could answer:

Question 1- For the place of birth, it says the city and state in this format: "city, state". However the state is half cut off due to character limits (16 characters, found from an online post).

Now on the Home Office page they have this to say about the cut-off for names:

"If your name is long it may appear ‘cut off’ on your BRP. This is not a mistake - it is because there is limited space on the BRP card. However, if there’s a spelling mistake, you must report it."

I was wondering if this can apply to the place of birth, or do I need to report a problem?

Question 2- I transferred from my old-style document to this new BRP via a no-time-limit application, on the remarks it says "No Time Limit" instead of "Indefinite Leave to Remain".

Are these 2 terms the same?
(I have seen images of BRPs on Google and have seen both types of Remarks so I thought it'd be wise to double check)

meself2
Ireland

Re: BRP place of birth concatenation

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:06 pm

For Q2 - the same. Not sure for Q1, but assume you're fine.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

justanormaluser
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by justanormaluser » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:28 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:06 pm
For Q2 - the same. Not sure for Q1, but assume you're fine.
Anywhere I can double check just to be on the safe side?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:43 pm

There is no need for you to do anything.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice