ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

Domestic Visa

Post by spooklightCW » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:27 am

Hello all,

I am posting this question for somebody I know.

Here's the story. Somebody I know who came over to the UK
on a Domestic Visa. To cut the long story short, the employer called immigration that the said Domestic helper is not doing domestic job but working in their office which is true. The domestic helper came back to its home country for a visit then the employer wife called the immigration @Heathrow (they dont get on and dont like each other). Immigration didnt let the domestic helper in but sent it back to its home country.

What would be the status of the domestic helper? Does the domestic helper wont be able to go back in the UK for Domestic jobs or any jobs?

I believed a domestic visa cannot be converted into a work permit?
Are they gonna ban the domestic helper?

any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cat

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

Post by spooklightCW » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:22 am

Hi All again,

Does this mean, the domestic worker wont be able to come back here in the UK?

Can the domestic worker file for an appeal to re enter the UK?
(related to above)

Thanks
Cat

John

Post by John » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:00 am

It sounds like the "domestic worker"'s visa has effectively been revoked .... if he/she was turned back at the port of entry.

But then, from what you post, the person has not been doing domestic work, so should not have been in the UK in the first place.
John

bani

Post by bani » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:05 am

One cannot enter the UK as a domestic worker without a specific employer, and it looks like the employer doesn't want this person anymore. So no, I don't think there is any way to appeal.

He or she can find another employer who will sponsor a domestic worker visa, but they need to meet all the requirements --

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 8721068341

Or look for some other job that will sponsor a workpermit. But basically, start from scratch.
catwoman24_1400 wrote:Hi All again,

Does this mean, the domestic worker wont be able to come back here in the UK?

Can the domestic worker file for an appeal to re enter the UK?
(related to above)

Thanks
Cat

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:09 pm

There is a hole here - what happened to the employer? After all they were in breach of the domestic worker arrangement. On what grounds (other than some unsubstantiated phone call) were the Immigration Service waiting for the person concerned? Sorry I don't buy the given version as it stands hence I am unable to comment conclusively as to the way forward given that there may be issues over visa fraud impacting on any future applications.

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

Post by spooklightCW » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:04 am

hi all

thanks for all this comment.

well the domestic worker told me that the immigration officer told her employer to apply her a working permit (to work as a secretary or whatever). which we all know its impossible. The business is only small as well.

the thing is, she didnt admit anything to immigration but the immi. sent her back still (for sure theyve got evidence?). they probably still doing some investigation.

They are bound to find out anyway that the application is fraud (the domestic worker is related to the employer)

We would like to know if she will be able to get any type of visa to go back here in the UK? Or the immi. will ban her???

But I did advise her to consult an immi. solicitor instead.

(note: her friend mentioned that she (the domestic worker) could be jailed for 7yrs., immi. officer probably told the domestic worker)

thanks
cat

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

Post by spooklightCW » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:04 am

hi again,

didnt know what happen to the employer yet.

i'll let u know