ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document to apply for the British citizenship ?????

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joelondon
Member of Standing

Document to apply for the British citizenship ?????

Post by joelondon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:45 pm

hello all of you guys ....I'm here with you ..with all my heart and prayer ....i

wish for everyone the best , good and happy ending of their journey....I'm

here everyday ...reading and re-reading those post ...and wishing that one

day it will be me ...as m about to apply soon ...but very confused on what

document i need to use to replace my lost p60 of 2003-04-05-06-07....its a

shame ...i know ...but if anyone of you guys can guide me on trying to find a

different way of showing or proving my lawful resident for the last past 5

years ..that would be very helpful ...

option 1 : can i go back to my previous employee and ask them for a copy of my p60 ?? is it possible ???

option 2 : can i ask my employee for a letter of employer showing that i covered that year and month working for them ???

option 3 : ask the tax office to send me the work history of all those year ..( but that again take ages )

option 4 : i searched the web and found out that they can issue me with an original p60 ...or kind of copy ..if i give them details of my previous work .

honestly ..i need someone experience to comment on this topic as m lost right now ..and m about to apply soon...plz help anyone .. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:12 pm

what category our you applying under? e.g Work Permit, HSMP, etc

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: Document to apply for the British citizenship ?????

Post by keshgrover » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:46 pm

joelondon wrote:hello all of you guys ....I'm here with you ..with all my heart and prayer ....i

option 1 : can i go back to my previous employee and ask them for a copy of my p60 ?? is it possible ???

option 2 : can i ask my employee for a letter of employer showing that i covered that year and month working for them ???

option 3 : ask the tax office to send me the work history of all those year ..( but that again take ages )

option 4 : i searched the web and found out that they can issue me with an original p60 ...or kind of copy ..if i give them details of my previous work .

honestly ..i need someone experience to comment on this topic as m lost right now ..and m about to apply soon...plz help anyone .. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Joe London,

I have been following you since you first put your post. As I applied PR under same rules as you did. (I know your case). I had similar situation but I was prepared in advance. I did find out that my P60's were lost and I immidiately asked HMRC to give me the statement of earnings for the both financial years. YES they did take well long to do so. But end of the day it did worth.

If you are going to ask your employer to give you a copy of P60 it is really going tobe a COPY. Not original. As I had the same experience.

So, either you can have letters from your employers confirming the employment during that period along with the address of tax office they deal with.

Some times NCS aren't botherd about P60's as PCB said in your another post because HO does have direct access to HMRC records and they can check with your NI number and National Insurance number what have you been doing during your stay.

I hope it helps.

Regards
KESH

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:26 pm

f2k wrote:what category our you applying under? e.g Work Permit, HSMP, etc
I'm applying under Permanent resident ...i'm a PR holder ...

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:29 pm

keshgrover wrote:
joelondon wrote:hello all of you guys ....I'm here with you ..with all my heart and prayer ....i

Joe London,

I have been following you since you first put your post. As I applied PR under same rules as you did. (I know your case). I had similar situation but I was prepared in advance. I did find out that my P60's were lost and I immidiately asked HMRC to give me the statement of earnings for the both financial years. YES they did take well long to do so. But end of the day it did worth.

If you are going to ask your employer to give you a copy of P60 it is really going tobe a COPY. Not original. As I had the same experience.

So, either you can have letters from your employers confirming the employment during that period along with the address of tax office they deal with.

Some times NCS aren't botherd about P60's as PCB said in your another post because HO does have direct access to HMRC records and they can check with your NI number and National Insurance number what have you been doing during your stay.

I hope it helps.

Regards

so u mean ... better get a letter from the employers that i worked for then ..ask them for a copy of p60 ??? well it sound better and easy step to do ...
so what was the document you send ...can u advice me plz ..

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Joe,

Now read carefully what I say. As I am not an OISC qualified person it is all only by my own experience dealing my own application.

1) I had PR (Permanent Residence card)
2) Which I got in May 09 and was applied back in November 2008.
3) I applied for BC in November 2009.
4) I submitted all my P60's from employers for the whole duration of 6 years.
5) I was also asked to give evidence of my EU partner's treaty right documents. (Employment proof) to cover the whole period of 6 years.
6) Which I did not carry with me on that day but went back and gave them what they asked.
7) I also provided a letter from my current employer confirming my employment.
8) My driving licence.
9) Last three payslips.
10) And life in uk test results.
KESH

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:50 pm

keshgrover wrote:Joe,

Now read carefully what I say. As I am not an OISC qualified person it is all only by my own experience dealing my own application.

5) I was also asked to give evidence of my EU partner's treaty right documents. (Employment proof) to cover the whole period of 6 years.
6) Which I did not carry with me on that day but went back and gave them what they asked.
8) My driving licence.
9) Last three payslips.

thanks for the reply ...!!!!
thats because you applied before the year due to BC ...after holding the PR for 1 year..

as for me ...i have held the PR for nearly a year ...and about to apply ...so the document i need to prepare are confusing me ...as the NCS they dont help you ...

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:46 pm

joelondon wrote:

8) My driving licence.
9) Last three payslips.

thats because you applied before the year due to BC ...after holding the PR for 1 year..

as for me ...i have held the PR for nearly a year ...and about to apply ...so the document i need to prepare are confusing me ...as the NCS they dont help you ...
Yes it does make some difference. Probabley you wont be asked to provide your partners treaty right papers. As long as it is the concern about NCS it depends council to council. I used Wandsworth and they were quite helping. Wish you a very good luck.

Regards.
KESH

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:49 pm

keshgrover wrote:
joelondon wrote:

8) My driving licence.
9) Last three payslips.

Yes it does make some difference. Probabley you wont be asked to provide your partners treaty right papers. As long as it is the concern about NCS it depends council to council. I used Wandsworth and they were quite helping. Wish you a very good luck.

Regards.
thank you very much ..but i will wait till 1 year pass on my PR and i apply ...with a straight forward application ..:)