ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In country spouse(wife) visa - help please.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

keshgrover
Member of Standing

In country spouse(wife) visa - help please.

Post by keshgrover » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Dear Fellow members,

I am back again with my uncle's case. He is british now and divorced with his ex wife. He had a relationship with another girl and has a child from her. This girl has been in UK as student for last five years doing her studies. Out of Four of her previous colleges three are now closed or gone bankcrupt. Her current Teir 4 application is still with HO under consideration but college got bankcrupt. My uncle have married with her this morning in Church of England. And wants to apply for her stay. Their child is british already. Now my questions are :

1) What form shall he use for her?
2) What are the chances for her getting the stay as her past colleges are closed or had problem with immigration in later stage?
3) What should be more preferable method of applying. i.e. premium service or by post?
4) What documents would be required with the application?

It would be highly appreciated if senior members of the board could kindly put some valuable suggestions.

Many thanks
Last edited by keshgrover on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KESH

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Marriage Visa - Moderators to help please.

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Hi
keshgrover wrote:Dear Fellow members,

I am back again with my uncle's case. He is british now and divorced with his ex wife. He had a relationship with another girl and has a child from her. This girl has been in UK as student for last five years doing her studies. Out of Four of her previous colleges three are now closed or gone bankcrupt. My uncle have married with her this morning in Church of England. And wants to apply for her stay. Their child is british already. Now my questions are :

2) What are the chances for her getting the stay as her past colleges are closed or had problem with immigration in later stage?
3) What should be more preferable method of applying. i.e. premium service or by post?

It would be highly appreciated if senior members of the board could kindly put some valuable suggestions.

Many thanks
Has your uncle applied for COA and then got married.

Has your ant visa as a student still remaining?

If yes to both question then you uncle can apply for her spouse visa...I dont thing her student visa has any problem for spouse visa.

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: Marriage Visa - Moderators to help please.

Post by keshgrover » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:21 am

immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi
keshgrover wrote:Dear Fellow members,

I am back again with my uncle's case. He is british now and divorced with his ex wife. He had a relationship with another girl and has a child from her. This girl has been in UK as student for last five years doing her studies. Out of Four of her previous colleges three are now closed or gone bankcrupt. My uncle have married with her this morning in Church of England. And wants to apply for her stay. Their child is british already. Now my questions are :

Many thanks
Has your uncle applied for COA and then got married.

Has your ant visa as a student still remaining?

If yes to both question then you uncle can apply for her spouse visa...I dont thing her student visa has any problem for spouse visa.

UK_Banned_Member
Many thanks for your reply UK_Banned_Member.,

1) It was church of England marriage so they didn't really need COA.
2) Aunt's visa application under Tier 4 is still with HO. But college collapsed last week.

Any thoughts?
KESH

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 am

If she has current Leave to Remain and has applied as a spouse, the important thing now is whether she fulfils the criteria for LTR as a spouse. She is entitled to remain in the UK until the application is decided. As you say, C of E marriages are exempt from the CoA requirement.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:If she has current Leave to Remain and has applied as a spouse, the important thing now is whether she fulfils the criteria for LTR as a spouse. She is entitled to remain in the UK until the application is decided. As you say, C of E marriages are exempt from the CoA requirement.
Thanks for your reply. Could you kindly answer the rest of questions as well please.
KESH

geriatrix

Re: In country spouse(wife) visa - help please.

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

keshgrover wrote:1) What form shall he use for her?
1. See Applying as a husband, wife or civil partner from inside the UK.
2. Already addressed (above).
3. Applicant's choice.
4. Refer to form and guidance notes.

regards