ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visa Entry Stamp in PASSPORT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krishna1215

UK Visa Entry Stamp in PASSPORT

Post by krishna1215 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:43 pm

hi all,
Myself and my family all have UK tier 1 visa and on job we had to move from Ireland to Northern ireland (Belfast,UK) by car. As there is no immigration control between the borders we dont have UK entry stamp in our passports.

Did anyone come across such situation. Could you please let me know how I could get our passports stamped.

Thanks in advance.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 am

How did you enter the Republic of Ireland? Was your passport stamped there?
If you have a current UK Visa you are in the UK legally. UK and the Republic are in a "Common Travel Area", so there is at present no normal passport control between these countries.

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I had been working in Ireland so had passport stamped when entered ireland and also did have work visa stamped in ireland. But if we dont get entry stamp in UK we would have a problem when applying for PR Or extending it as there is no proof about the date we entered UK . Hope you got me

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat May 01, 2010 3:03 am

I see your point. Short of leaving the country and coming back in, I can't see any obvious way to get a stamp in your passport. There's a couple of things that are worth doing:
1) Get yourself photographed in front of a prominent Belfast landmark holding a newspaper, so it's obvious that you're in Northern Ireland on that date.
2) Get your employer to confirm that you entered the country and commenced work on x date.
You could go to the local Immigration Office with this info, and ask them if there's any way they can record that you're now in the country. If you already have a Home Office file it will be easy for them to make an entry online. But if you are travelling to the UK for the first time and have never made any application to UKBA within the UK, you won't have a Home Office file. In that case you could ask them to put a note on the record of your visa application. Although this is possible they'll probably say no, but it's worth a shot.

bototo

Post by bototo » Tue May 04, 2010 12:08 pm

3) Go and get something official done that requires your presence. For example, apply for a National Insurance number where you have to present yourself in person. Or get a medical procedure done at an NHS hospital, take a driving test ....that sort of thing.

maheshrvce

Post by maheshrvce » Thu May 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi Krishna,
Did you get this sorted? Did you contact anybody and get your visa stamped?
I am in the same boat pls let em know

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:03 am

Hi,
I haven't got my entry stamp yet in the passport.
But I received my NI number, Vechile purchase registration certificate, bank account, Vehicle insurance certificate etc.

I was trying to contact home office but couldn't find a number where they would answer.

Could you please let me know the exact number where a responsible person could answer.

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:04 am

Hi maheshrvce,
You can reach me at 07990-785-494 . We can discuss in detail. Pls do call.