ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we need to send marriage certifficate?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yaelhitch

Do we need to send marriage certifficate?

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:46 am

just been reading through the application form SET M and unless i have made a mistake it says that you only need to send in your marriage certifficate if you didn't intitally come to the UK on a marriage visa and got married whilst staying here.
My husband applied for a spouse visa and is now applying for his ILR based on his 2 year probation period. We sent the marriage certifficate when he applied for his pouse visa so do we need to send it again as it is french and will cost money and time to get it translated (which i don't have!)

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: Do we need to send marriage certifficate?

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Not necessary for postal application but a good idea to have with you if
applying in person at a PEO.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 pm

we will be applying in person so do you think its worth the time and money of getting it translated and taking it with us, i don't really want to take any risks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:42 am

It's rarely asked for but most legal reps will submit it if they're applying on your behalf. If it's easy for you to get it translated it may be worth it for the future if you need it for other applications. British Citizenship for example.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:09 pm

i won't be having a legal rep as can't afford one so will be putting the file together myself. where can i get it translated and how much does it cost?
is there anyone you can call from UK Border agency to ask questions about the form?

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:24 pm

This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters