ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family/visitor visa for wife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asal
BANNED

Family/visitor visa for wife

Post by asal » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi,

I would like to bring wife and daughter for 6 months to UK.My wife is a housewife and I'm in the UK under tier1 general visa.

Can you please advise me what are all the documents needs to submitted :
1. how much bank balance I need to show in my uk account?
2.How much balance my wife should show?
3.What kind of proof needs to be shown that wife and daughter return back to India within 6 months?

Please advise.Its very urgent.

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:08 pm

Yes, you can apply for their visit visas showing their ties to home and intention to leave. There is no fixed maintenance amount and it depends on how long they intend to stay. It's probably easier to apply for PBS dependant visas if you have the required maintenance for the required period (and which will be a lower amount than the arbitrary sum necessary for their six month visit). These visas will serve the same purpose as visit visas and can be used for further visits in the future without the need to re-apply (unlike visit visas) or, indeed, they can used for residence if they are minded to.