ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent children question on VAF4 application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

just jak
Mood:

Dependent children question on VAF4 application

Post by just jak » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:10 am

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie and hoping I can get some help from you kind people.

I'm putting together my husband's application for a UK settlement visa. He is in Bangladesh at the moment. He was previously married and has an 8 year old child. However, as part of the divorce agreement he reluctantly gave his ex-wife sole custody of their child and agreed to have no contact. His ex also refused to accept his offer to pay any maintenance allowance for the upbringing of the child.

Under these circumstances, should I enter the child's details when asked 'Please give details of any dependent children?'. Not sure if the child would be regarded as a dependent or not.

In the draft I've mentioned the child and circumstances in the 'Additional Info' section.

Any help from you folks will be much appreciated.

Thanks

just jak
Mood:

Post by just jak » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi, just to update for anyone who may want to know this. I did not add my stepchild as a dependant but did mention the details in the additional info section. And my husband's visa application was successful.