ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to best use the forum for your benefit

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Englandd
BANNED

How to best use the forum for your benefit

Post by Englandd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:14 am

I have read plenty of posts involving gurus, moderators, eu directive (forum members) who try to be expert in giving advice despite having plenty of misakes. Its better to read the relevant law and members past experiences because these gurus and moderators are old members and can only give information based on the past other members stories.
Eea2 wrestlers better to read the relevant law and members past stories to more effectively prepare their case instead of merely relying on the folks.

Salem
- thin ice -

Post by Salem » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:25 am

Strange Thread.

I only joined recently, and have been given some excellent advice and info from Mods and Guru's.

But everyone is only human, everyone makes mistakes. In my case, i just do as much research and get as much info as i can. I'm very thankfull for this Forum and the time and advice given by the members, both Mods, Guru's and other members.

Long may it continue.............

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 am

Yes naturally everyone do mistake and these gurus and moderators really serve the people but reading and following the latest relevant law and reading other members past stories and then comparing it with your case is far more better approach. And yes for double confirmation of that comments should be welcome including from gurus and moderators too.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Hi Eea2 wrestlers

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 am

Englandd wrote:I have read plenty of posts involving gurus, moderators, eu directive (forum members) who try to be expert in giving advice despite having plenty of misakes.
I didn't ask to become a guru. This is granted automatically by the system as a function of the number of your post.
For the better service to the public, feel free to correct mistakes when you read them.
Its better to read the relevant law and members past experiences because these gurus and moderators are old members and can only give information based on the past other members stories.
Eea2 wrestlers better to read the relevant law and members past stories to more effectively prepare their case instead of merely relying on the folks.
Don't really follow your logic here. You say - don't trust "old members" as they give information based of past stories but then you recommend people to read past stories. :?

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 am

Englandd wrote:I have read plenty of posts involving gurus, moderators, eu directive (forum members) who try to be expert in giving advice despite having plenty of misakes.
Please show us some of those plenty mistakes as that may help to increase the quality of this forum.

Englandd wrote:Its better to read the relevant law and members past experiences because these gurus and moderators are old members and can only give information based on the past other members stories. Eea2 wrestlers better to read the relevant law and members past stories to more effectively prepare their case instead of merely relying on the folks.
Reading the law and fully understanding it are totally different things. Most people do not have that expertise. Past histories are only single data points that may be very specific to the individual case while those members longer here may see the larger picture and be able to distill the most relevant facts out of those reports. Of course everybody is encouraged to do the same for themselves and posters are frequently reminded to do that. Your idea of what is the better approach may not commensurate with other people's needs.

I have never seen anybody here claiming to be an expert nor that their answers are definite. This forum here is simply for the purpose of exchanging experiences and opinions. I would expect that most people can see it for what it is.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 am

Without doubt everyone has distinctive case implications based on their past immigration records and other relevant factors. And yes for members past stories does not mean to track back the decades but few months. And again this forum advises should be used as a secondary source. In last this forum is informative and helpful to certain extents. Good words from jumbo as a nice display of sportsman spirit.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:53 am

I have to disagree really. Although other members personal stories can be very helpful it is the gurus who will be honest and say 'I'm not sure'', ''it's not 100%'', ''get legal advice'' whereas a lot of members going through the process will give the wrong information thinking they have understood all their research when they haven't. Telling you it's fine to do something because they did but your case may be completely different and therefor not work for you but you've been told ''it's fine, we did it''

I'd like to thank the gurus and others, especially Jambo for all their help as I'd be lost without it. Its very difficult to understand the directives etc if you've never had to read them and have no real knowledge of law!

anp

Post by anp » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:57 am

Englandd wrote:Without doubt everyone has distinctive case implications based on their past immigration records and other relevant factors. And yes for members past stories does not mean to track back the decades but few months. And again this forum advises should be used as a secondary source. In last this forum is informative and helpful to certain extents. Good words from jumbo as a nice display of sportsman spirit.
Do you know the purpose of this forum?
Be good.

Salem
- thin ice -

Post by Salem » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:47 am

[quote="sum1Reading the law and fully understanding it are totally different things. Most people do not have that expertise. Past histories are only single data points that may be very specific to the individual case while those members longer here may see the larger picture and be able to distill the most relevant facts out of those reports. Of course everybody is encouraged to do the same for themselves and posters are frequently reminded to do that. Your idea of what is the better approach may not commensurate with other people's needs.

I have never seen anybody here claiming to be an expert nor that their answers are definite. This forum here is simply for the purpose of exchanging experiences and opinions. I would expect that most people can see it for what it is.[/quote]

Well said, totally agree.