ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IP Blocking....

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

IP Blocking....

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Getting to be a pain in the arse, I'm on BT and almost every IP I am allocated is being blocked here, annoying...

Have to use a VPN.

Sort it please or I'm off, no other site is affected.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IP Blocking....

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 pm

We are aware of the problem.

Some adjustments were made to block the incredible amount of spamming we were getting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:15 pm

My IP was blocked too.
It makes simply no sense to block IP's which get dynamically assigned from big providers.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:20 pm

mgb wrote:My IP was blocked too.
It makes simply no sense to block IP's which get dynamically assigned from big providers.
The Board Administrator is aware of the issue. Moderators have no control over this whatsoever and some among us are experiencing the same problem and share your frustration.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:16 am

Ok i'm out. It makes no fun to be blocked every second day.
Good luck for the future.
Btw I get now a warning about unsecure address for this forum. It looks like this forum went downhill.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:58 am

The Board Administrator has now made some additional adjustments to the SPAM control. Perhaps you could advise whether this has made any difference to logging on...
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Site is unusable using my mobile phone as I get a "unsecure connection" warning, works okish if I use Google Chrome. Pretty slow experience on desktop, can just about get by.

I thought you guys were hacked.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 am

This weekend has been a horrendous experience trying to read or navigate the pages. 20/30 seconds per page is less than fun.
I have also had the annoying blocking while in London last week.

There are certainly issues :(

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:40 am

Both Vinny and myself were blocked a few days ago. I'll make the board Administrator aware.
(Casa, not CR001)

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:14 am

We are constantly improving our spam filters. The server speed seems to be OK now.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:42 pm

site has gone very slow again. Takes ages when you click any link. Please fix.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Terribly difficult to access any part of the forum. Takes so long I often have to give up.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Wanderer wrote:Getting to be a pain in the arse, I'm on BT and almost every IP I am allocated is being blocked here, annoying...

Have to use a VPN.

Sort it please or I'm off
, no other site is affected.....
[Mind voice of many forum members] As though we would care. Please please go.

LoL...was too tempting this one Wanderer. Hope you will take no offence and all in good jest :)
Cheers,
OR

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:31 pm

O_Relly wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Getting to be a pain in the arse, I'm on BT and almost every IP I am allocated is being blocked here, annoying...

Have to use a VPN.

LoL...was too tempting this one Wanderer. Hope you will take no offence and all in good jest :)
After his 15 years of contributing to the forum, he would be sadly missed. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Casa wrote:
O_Relly wrote:

Have to use a VPN.

After his 15 years of contributing to the forum, he would be sadly missed. :wink:
15 years! That is a long time and am sure he will be. The forum does need it's in-house devil's advocate. :)
Cheers,
OR

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:46 pm

O_Relly wrote:15 years! That is a long time and am sure he will be. The forum does need it's in-house devil's advocate.
I had no idea the post was already filled. Then again, these forums could accommodate a bench of devils advocates. Otherwise, there is a risk of many people becoming like Trump's voters, mistaking one person's opinion for facts.

To doubt and to question is a moral duty. Even Christ had his St. Thomas.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:23 pm

secret.simon wrote:
O_Relly wrote:15 years! That is a long time and am sure he will be. The forum does need it's in-house devil's advocate.
I had no idea the post was already filled. Then again, these forums could accommodate a bench of devils advocates. Otherwise, there is a risk of many people becoming like Trump's voters, mistaking one person's opinion for facts.

To doubt and to question is a moral duty.
Even Christ had his St. Thomas
Christ? Are you sure ? :shock: 8) :D

Quote:
To doubt and to question is a moral duty.
UnQuote:
Cheers,
OR

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 pm

My giffgaff IP has been blocked too. And its dynamic IP so I reckon an entire block of IPs has been banned :(

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Still blocked on Giffgaff. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:44 am

rubyracer2 wrote:Still blocked on Giffgaff. :(
Giff Gaff runs on O2. Many O2 IPs are blocked due to spamming. I am on O2 and cannot access the forum on 4G at all on my phone but it works if I am connected to wifi.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:42 am

Hi , I also have the same problem of Spamming . I am on O2 network 4G and my dynamic assigned IP address has been blocked from last 6 weeks and I am completely unable to use website . When I am on wifi it works ... can Administrator please sort out this problem. Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:37 pm

bluebird12 wrote:Hi , I also have the same problem of Spamming . I am on O2 network 4G and my dynamic assigned IP address has been blocked from last 6 weeks and I am completely unable to use website . When I am on wifi it works ... can Administrator please sort out this problem. Many thanks
There is nothing we can do about it. I myself cannot access on my O2 mobile network.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:23 pm

Many thanks for your reply indeed .... so using a proxy server/ VPN is the last option left to use this website through 02 network? If that is the case than I would prefer to buy 3 network connection at least It would not be problem there ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:48 pm

bluebird12 wrote:Many thanks for your reply indeed .... so using a proxy server/ VPN is the last option left to use this website through 02 network? If that is the case than I would prefer to buy 3 network connection at least It would not be problem there ?
The 3 network runs on the back of O2 so you will have the same problem (same as giffgaff and Tesco mobile). Best would be Vodafone or EE if not a proxy/VPN.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Muira
United States of America

Post by Muira » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:50 pm

I'm also blocked from using the site when I'm accessing the site through my mobile and am not on wi-fi.

It sounds like I'm not the only O2 customer that has run into this issue.