ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Site is excruciatingly slow

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rooibos
Member of Standing

Site is excruciatingly slow

Post by rooibos » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Is it just me? When I click on a link it takes ages to open it.

I've tried from different locations, desktop, tablet. Same thing.

Casa

Re: Site is excruciatingly slow

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Some members are experiencing this since the migration to the new server. I have forward this to our board Administrator.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

immquestions
Newly Registered

Post by immquestions » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:18 am

The issue is not the site itself, but a JavaScript that has been added to the website probably by the admins?

This javascript is pointing to a domain that has the word raspberry in it, and it does not exist. So our web browsers stall trying to resolve it and do not load the rest of the page until it gives up a minute later.

Just right click on the page and click view source then do ctrl+f and look for raspberry.

Not sure what that is. The admins must have added it?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:48 am

My browser seems to be trying to connect to ruckusschroederraspberry.com and s3.amazonaws.com domains for some reason?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Slow loading of website

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:28 pm

The website is getting too slow to load from last few days. Is it a server error?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Slow loading of website

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:33 pm

seagul wrote:The website is getting too slow to load from last few days. Is it a server error?
Post merged and moved to the appropriate place (here).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:03 pm

It must be fixed asap as because that's the only site I surf day & night and buy internet package for.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rooibos
Member of Standing

Post by rooibos » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:56 pm

immquestions wrote:The issue is not the site itself, but a JavaScript that has been added to the website probably by the admins?

This javascript is pointing to a domain that has the word raspberry in it, and it does not exist. So our web browsers stall trying to resolve it and do not load the rest of the page until it gives up a minute later.

Just right click on the page and click view source then do ctrl+f and look for raspberry.

Not sure what that is. The admins must have added it?
Spot on!

Disabling JavaScript has solved the problem!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 am

Please bear in mind that Moderators aren't 'Admin'. :idea:

We can only pass your concerns to the Board Administrator who we believe is attending to the issue.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:17 pm

vinny wrote:My browser seems to be trying to connect to ruckusschroederraspberry.com and s3.amazonaws.com domains for some reason?
Thanks for pointing this out! I've dealt with the problem. I've also made some improvements in the server configuration. It should be faster now.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Thanks administrator

Yes it's now working smoothly now :)

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:14 am

Working well for me too!

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:14 am

Working well for me too!