ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Decision

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zafarzafar80

Naturalization Decision

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:39 am

Hi All,

Just an update on Naturalization, my friend got his approval yesterday after 25 months exactly. He was on work permit initially. My concern is the six months processing time, when would it start implementing ?

dania

Re: Naturalization Decision

Post by dania » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:40 pm

zafarzafar80 wrote:Hi All,

Just an update on Naturalization, my friend got his approval yesterday after 25 months exactly. He was on work permit initially. My concern is the six months processing time, when would it start implementing ?
hi zafar congrats to your friend and will u please use the other naturalization thread for posting your comments as it is more usefull to others and to u aswell thanks :wink:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

alpha_1

Re: Naturalization Decision

Post by alpha_1 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:27 pm

dania wrote:
zafarzafar80 wrote:Hi All,

hi zafar congrats to your friend and will u please use the other naturalization thread for posting your comments as it is more usefull to others and to u aswell thanks :wink:
Hi zafarzafar80, did your friend also get the invitation letter or not? Because, I also got the approval on friday and i did not get any invite as of yet? So just wondering if ur friend got it or not.

Thanks & congrats to your friend.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:53 pm

I believe that after the approval letter, you have to submit the cheque, photos and your GNIB card, before receiving an invite to the oath

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 pm

congrats

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:16 pm

I just picked up my calculator to count the days..so, it's been 1 year for me. I have to wait for 12 more months...6 months time frame. Still skeptical my friend.

I think when it starts to kick in we will all know about it!!!!

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:43 pm

knapps wrote:I just picked up my calculator to count the days..so, it's been 1 year for me. I have to wait for 12 more months...6 months time frame. Still skeptical my friend.

I have also been waiting for 16 month officially now, so basically i have 10 month stipulated time to wait, so anything outside that time frame now, is in breach of the promisory estopell made.
Bruce willies To Fight On, Even when he's crippled And Out Of Work.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:50 pm

IQU wrote:congrats
Cheers :)

dania

Post by dania » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:57 pm

rosdoodoo wrote:
knapps wrote:I just picked up my calculator to count the days..so, it's been 1 year for me. I have to wait for 12 more months...6 months time frame. Still skeptical my friend.

I have also been waiting for 16 month officially now, so basically i have 10 month stipulated time to wait, so anything outside that time frame now, is in breach of the promisory estopell made.
hi so do u think it is 26 months time frame that we should expect or the decision can be made quickly
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:32 pm

dania wrote:
rosdoodoo wrote:

hi so do u think it is 26 months time frame that we should expect or the decision can be made quickly
It all depends who's dealing with your application because i recorded a documentary on RTE last week about an aviation engineer from Iraq that got approval just 12 month after his application and i believed they're not dearly beloved with applicant though, hope that answers your question. :lol:

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:39 am

rosdoodoo wrote:

A legitimate expectation maybe

But don't use terms that you clearly do not understand - You would be unable to meet the requirement for a promissory estoppel, you did nothing over and beyond what was expected or incurred any expense upon relying on a promise to have the applications processed within 6 months. The delay does not effect the quality of life that you had before application and you are suppose to reside here anyway. (the last two sentences was to explain why this form of estoppel would be hard for you to prove, not to mention that no actual promise was made!)

Secondly, I do not believe that any statement made by the Department actually said your application will definitely be processed within 6 months. At best the statements referred to a "hope" or an "aim" that backlogs would be cleared.

It seems Shatter is trying, but it will take some time to get this ambition on track.

It will be a long time before 6 months goal will be achieved. As usual, a Minister who opens mouth first before getting structure in place

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 am

walrusgumble wrote:
rosdoodoo wrote:

But don't use terms that you clearly do not understand - You would be unable to meet the requirement for a promissory estoppel, you did nothing over and beyond what was expected or incurred any expense upon relying on a promise to have the applications processed within 6 months. The delay does not effect the quality of life that you had before application and you are suppose to reside here anyway. (the last two sentences was to explain why this form of estoppel would be hard for you to prove, not to mention that no actual promise was made!)

Secondly, I do not believe that any statement made by the Department actually said your application will definitely be processed within 6 months. At best the statements referred to a "hope" or an "aim" that backlogs would be cleared.

It seems Shatter is trying, but it will take some time to get this ambition on track.

It will be a long time before 6 months goal will be achieved. As usual, a Minister who opens mouth first before getting structure in place
It appears to me that, you're arguing the subject matter of promisory extopell, which can be proved and argued on the basis of.....

(1) statement of a public officer (which represent the goverment says)
(2) Based on documentation evidence to interprete right.

So coming here and telling immigrant that, granting of citizenship will not Make their life better than the way it was before the advent of citizenship is in fact fell short of expectation legitimately which you and i knew because is like you're given it to those you have already pave ways for before, while those one's you have build a road block against which fails to materialised is been delayed because of competition they'll do you when they're granted, which make's you feel good don't ?

Under the article of the constitution it says that, Irish citizenship must not be discriminated on which include dissability, which occurs invariably, is that correct ?

The most fundamental part of my arguement here is that, the content of those letter says it all mate and the legitimacy, by so doing is available for usurpation there's no situation of any sort of tranfered intent in the secret delays really.

The minister is up to the task but the officer should stop their Malices of unjust attack on applicants. Hope that helps you a bit. :D

dania

Post by dania » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:37 pm

rosdoodoo wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
rosdoodoo wrote:

It appears to me that, you're arguing the subject matter of promisory extopell, which can be proved and argued on the basis of.....

So coming here and telling immigrant that, granting of citizenship will not Make their life better than the way it was before the advent of citizenship is in fact fell short of expectation legitimately which you and i knew because is like you're given it to those you have already pave ways for before, while those one's you have build a road block against which fails to materialised is been delayed because of competition they'll do you when they're granted, which make's you feel good don't ?

Under the article of the constitution it says that, Irish citizenship must not be discriminated on which include dissability, which occurs invariably, is that correct ?

The most fundamental part of my arguement here is that, the content of those letter says it all mate and the legitimacy, by so doing is available for usurpation there's no situation of any sort of tranfered intent in the secret delays really.

The minister is up to the task but the officer should stop their Malices of unjust attack on applicants. Hope that helps you a bit. :D[/quote

god help us and stop this unjustice happening here, people waiting five years for basic human right r not getting their right this is abuse of immigrants ,and this is not up to the standards of eu. :cry:

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 am

dania wrote:
rosdoodoo wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
rosdoodoo wrote:

The minister is up to the task but the officer should stop their Malices of unjust attack on applicants. Hope that helps you a bit. :D[/quote

god help us and stop this unjustice happening here, people waiting five years for basic human right r not getting their right this is abuse of immigrants ,and this is not up to the standards of eu. :cry:
There're two type of prisons, closed and confine prison and open prison.

So to come out of open prison you really need to fight for your life just like they did in the case of L & O so if you have been through L & O and survived, please relax and wait it's a matter of time just look after yourself on the interim. Hope that answer your questions. :D

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 am

rosdoodoo wrote:

You don't meet the criteria for a promissory estoppel. End of story, stop pretending that you know what you are talking about please. Or at the very least research what is required for me.

Most important of all, Promisory Estoppel is used "as a shield and not a sword". IE You can't use the doctrine in prosecuting a case, but only in defence of allegations made against you.

If you knew what you were talking about then you would not be continuing to error in your ways

Any, if you brought Judicial Review Proceedings, you would seek an Order of Mandamus.

Thirdly, the Statements, if you read them carefully never promised anything. They were aspirational. THey explained they they hope and planned to improve matters. These hopes and plans often are not achieved within deadlines.

Even if a promise was made by the Department, you did not really make any "Consideration", thus, not really enforceable. not to mention you did not come to any disadvantage with this so called promise

There must be an
1. "an unequivocal promise by words or conduct"

That possible, department did not promise that it would definitely happen

2. evidence that there is a change in position of the promisee as a result of the promise ie reliance but not necessarily to your detriment

There is no real change in your circumstances, unfortunately for you

3 It would be unfair for the department to go back on the promise

It is unfair, but there was no "promise" in the first place.

I do hope that clears things up.
rosdoodoo wrote: So coming here and telling immigrant that, granting of citizenship will not Make their life better than the way it was before the advent of citizenship is in fact fell short of expectation legitimately which you and i knew
Learn to read!

I never said or suggested that the granting of citizenship "will not Make their life better than the way it was before the advent of citizenship "

I said that your circumstances is the same, whether you were waiting 6 months or 2 years for citizenship. You still have the right to work and live here.

Are you even, as the High Court recommended in order to get a mandamus for delay cases (hard to do now) in a position to provide information or evidence that the delay is causing undue hardship ?(A requirement to succeed in a delay case)
rosdoodoo wrote: because is like you're given it to those you have already pave ways for before, while those one's you have build a road block against which fails to materialised is been delayed because of competition they'll do you when they're granted, which make's you feel good don't ?
Not one sentence of this , could I understand.

I have just explained to you that you are ignorant on your understanding as to what "Promissory Estoppel" is. No more, no less. I have made no opinion about what I think about the delay. You made an incorrect statement, I just responded. That is all.
rosdoodoo wrote: Under the article of the constitution it says that, Irish citizenship must not be discriminated on which include dissability, which occurs invariably, is that correct ?
First of all, it covers Irish Citizens, you are not an Irish Citizen,yet.

Secondly, there is no disability in this case. You are not even guaranteed Citizenship! Again, you want to bring a mandamus proceedings the Court actually say, you must show evidence of hardship that is over and above normal life , bring it to the attention of the Minister. You can use the statements by the department, but I really doubt a Court will rule against the Minister , unless the delay was really really bad

Thirdly, The Equality Provision at Article 40, is one of the weakest provisions in the Constitution.
rosdoodoo wrote: The most fundamental part of my arguement here is that, the content of those letter says it all mate and the legitimacy, by so doing is available for usurpation there's no situation of any sort of tranfered intent in the secret delays really.
Fine, there is an expectation, no doubt. I am just pointing out, it was not a promise, and it is not a promissory estoppell!
rosdoodoo wrote: The minister is up to the task but the officer should stop their Malices of unjust attack on applicants. Hope that helps you a bit. :D
Evidence of Malice? Information is passed between Justice to the Gardaí, Social Welfare and Revenue. Sadly, these guys take far too long in replying

Minister's tend to be Two Face (swearword for bad people)! (Watch the 1970's show Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister) A Minister takes the credit when something good happens, even if he had no part in it, and blames the Department if something bad happens.

Best incident was allegations, raised by Metro Eireann about Foreign Department raising concerns about false birth certs and other documents of recently naturalised Irish Citizens. If that was true, why didn't Justice cop onto that earlier? After all, it would not be the first time Justice granted status only to find out later that the documents used were not real

http://metroeireann.com/article/natural ... -arms,3322

The chancer took credit for decisions in early 2012 despite that fact that most who got decisions made the applications in 2009 and 2010 and were DUE a decision

Look best of luck with your application, I hope you get a decision soon

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:14 am

rosdoodoo wrote:

What a load of nonsense. Self serving rubbish.

First of all, there is absolutely nothing in Human Rights law that says another country must give you Citizenship of their country. Thus, it is a privileged and not a right.

Secondly, you make it sound like Ireland have kept you in chains for 5 years while you came to Ireland to look for a better future than what you could expect in your home country. You were given the right to live and work here. That is separate from Citizenship.

In Germany, it is almost impossible for Immigrants to get German Citizenship. You genuinely have to have integrated and be essentially as "German as the Native". Here, any idiot can get Irish Citizenship simply by living and working here for 5 years. Every country has delays in their applications, granted Ireland is very bad

Stop generalising and point out the Actual Human Right that Ireland has violated here!
rosdoodoo wrote: There're two type of prisons, closed and confine prison and open prison.
And Mental Hospitals?
rosdoodoo wrote: So to come out of open prison you really need to fight for your life
How have you being in Prison? You had the right to work and live here. You probably had alot of freedom under stamp 4. If you did not like it you were born than welcome to return to the rock from where you came from.
Considering your friends in L & O case and many more like ye claimed "persecution" in your home countries, wonder how strong the fight for your life would be then

If your life was in danger, eg threat of being unable to renew status, that would help in showing that there would be hardship incurred if your application was not processed immeditaly.

The worse that happens with Citizenship, is , it will be 7 years before you can get it. Germans, you can only think about applying for it by then.
rosdoodoo wrote: just like they did in the case of L & O
L & O? As in the 2003 Supreme Court case

. Very bad example, an example why hostility was fired at immigrants. Immigrants would lied and cost the State money in order to get into Ireland, tell lies, take advantage of Citizenship Laws then (baby) and try and stay.Hardly people who deserve Irish Citizenship

L & O lost! (Well, by 2004 they were EU citizens, and Zambrano 2011 would change this)
rosdoodoo wrote: so if you have been through L & O and survived, please relax and wait it's a matter of time just look after yourself on the interim. Hope that answer your questions. :D
:roll: :roll:

I did not have any questions. I made a statement in reply to your inaccurate comments.

dania

Post by dania » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:07 pm

my question is that if uk can process this application in 3 months and other countries aswell why not ireland,why why why ,r we laaaaazy or what????

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:22 am

dania wrote:my question is that if uk can process this application in 3 months and other countries aswell why not ireland,why why why ,r we laaaaazy or what????
It has been argued here in length, please read here if you have time. I will say excellent bedtime read...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 96805c2ad5

dania

Post by dania » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:46 pm

fatty patty wrote:
dania wrote:my question is that if uk can process this application in 3 months and other countries aswell why not ireland,why why why ,r we laaaaazy or what????
It has been argued here in length, please read here if you have time. I will say excellent bedtime read...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 96805c2ad5
thanks

moro1

Post by moro1 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:28 pm

25 is an absolute joke ! This is just pure bureaucracy .
People paying tax and working hard are are having there life played with and their interests delayed .
Some people living here since a young age (like me , since the age of 10)
face serious problems because of this (i have to pay higher college fees , could not go on my Erasmus year which will have impact on my life in the future) and live a sense of insecurity
I do believe that citizenship requirement should be harder (English test and culture and history test why not even an interview) But this waiting time frame is a joke

dania

Post by dania » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:04 pm

moro1 wrote:25 is an absolute joke ! This is just pure bureaucracy .
People paying tax and working hard are are having there life played with and their interests delayed .
face serious problems because of this (i have to pay higher college fees , could not go on my Erasmus year which will have impact on my life in the future) and live a sense of insecurity
I do believe that citizenship requirement should be harder (English test and culture and history test why not even an interview) But this waiting time frame is a joke
i agree with ya ,definetely this waiting time is a serious joke with the immigrants and i do hope that all other countries specially u.s.a treat the irish immigrants the same way they r treating us here ,to teach them a lesson :cry:

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:03 pm

dania wrote:
i agree with ya ,definetely this waiting time is a serious joke with the immigrants and i do hope that all other countries specially u.s.a treat the irish immigrants the same way they r treating us here ,to teach them a lesson :cry:
How would it treat them a lesson. The Irish are over there, and should be grateful for anything that those Countries give them. It does not effect the country, Ireland. So long as Ireland looks after Citizens of the US, well, then all is fair in the world

Why is the waiting time such a problem. Your expected to remain living in Ireland anyway, and it in no way effects your right to live here or work

dania

Post by dania » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:48 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
dania wrote:
How would it treat them a lesson. The Irish are over there, and should be grateful for anything that those Countries give them. It does not effect the country, Ireland. So long as Ireland looks after Citizens of the US, well, then all is fair in the world

Why is the waiting time such a problem. Your expected to remain living in Ireland anyway, and it in no way effects your right to live here or work
there is thosand and thousand of irish people in usa who r illegal and irish government is trying hard to get them papers by requesting usa govt to give them legal status so why they dont care about immigrants in ireland???

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:42 am

dania wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
dania wrote:

there is thosand and thousand of irish people in usa who r illegal and irish government is trying hard to get them papers by requesting usa govt to give them legal status so why they dont care about immigrants in ireland???
Actually, the government is doing sweet feck all! It is Irish and Irish American NGO's and opportunistic Irish American Politicians (seeking the Irish Vote) who are doing the work and the campaigning!

There is no one from the current or last government doing any campaigning on this issue! If you were one of them, you would know that. Provide proof or shut your gob!

Secondly, even if there was, what has that to do with you, a non American? What relationship does your country have with America? What is your country's relationship with Ireland? So long as the Irish deal favorably any American who comes here, the deed is repaid!

Thirdly, none of this has anything to do with delays in applications for citizenship. If it concerned applications for residency, then you maybe making a fair point, but as usual , your talking absolute rubbish.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 pm

walrusgumble wrote:Provide proof or shut your gob!
How pleasant one can be when one put's one's mind to it!