ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFAM4, asylum and a little bit lie

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alisha1
Newly Registered

EUFAM4, asylum and a little bit lie

Post by alisha1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi, everybody.
My friend came to Ireland 6 years ago by tourist visa and after visa expired decide to stay here without visa. One day he had been arrested and was making story that he is from Bhutan, gave to Garda fake name and apply for asylum. Of course thay took fingerprints and he was staying all this 6 years under fake name.
Last October he got married to EU and apply for EUFAM4, they gave him 6 month visa, but this time didn't take fingerprints. After 6 month expired, they gave 3 month visa (because his wife changed work and they didn't inform INIS), took fingerprints. Now the have newborn baby as well.
Now he is worried they will refuse his application and deport him, because of this lie. What will be result?
many thanks for answers

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: EUFAM4, asylum and a little bit lie

Post by ca.funke » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 pm

alisha1 wrote:...Last October he got married to EU...
which nationality did he get married to?

alisha1
Newly Registered

Post by alisha1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm

ca.funke wrote:
alisha1 wrote:...Last October he got married to EU...
which nationality did he get married to?
Latvian

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:35 pm

alisha1 wrote:...Now he is worried they will refuse his application and deport him, because of this lie. What will be result?
If the current marriage in genuine (I shall assume it is), there is nothing he has to worry about.

There has been case law which clearly shows that anyone married to an EU citizen cannot be deported, just because the person originally entered illegally.

I´m sure the corresponding experts will add the relevant decisions (which I don´t know), but overall thing is: Nothing to worry about!

Rgds, Christian

alisha1
Newly Registered

Post by alisha1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:47 pm

ca.funke wrote:
alisha1 wrote:...Now he is worried they will refuse his application and deport him, because of this lie. What will be result?
If the current marriage in genuine (I shall assume it is), there is nothing he has to worry about.

There has been case law which clearly shows that anyone married to an EU citizen cannot be deported, just because the person originally entered illegally.

I´m sure the corresponding experts will add the relevant decisions (which I don´t know), but overall thing is: Nothing to worry about!

Rgds, Christian

Thanks a lot for answer, i told him the same.

Irisheddy

Real name

Post by Irisheddy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:28 pm

I assumed he got married under his real name. If so he has nothing to worry about. Otherwise it is a serious offence.

To be fair to the Registry Office, even if you are undocumented, as long as it is not a sham marriage they usually ask no difficult questions about residency.

alisha1
Newly Registered

Re: Real name

Post by alisha1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Irisheddy wrote:I assumed he got married under his real name. If so he has nothing to worry about. Otherwise it is a serious offence.

To be fair to the Registry Office, even if you are undocumented, as long as it is not a sham marriage they usually ask no difficult questions about residency.
Thanks. His marriage is not fake, he got married under his real name, that's why he is worried that did asylum on fake name and gave fingerprints under this fake name, hopefully everything will be fine.

Irisheddy

Dept of Social protection

Post by Irisheddy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 pm

One other matter. Does he have a ppsn number? If so, is it in his assumed name? Has he worked or drawn social welfare? The department of Social protection is separate to INIS

alisha1
Newly Registered

Re: Dept of Social protection

Post by alisha1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Irisheddy wrote:One other matter. Does he have a ppsn number? If so, is it in his assumed name? Has he worked or drawn social welfare? The department of Social protection is separate to INIS
He has PPSn on fake name, but he didnt work and didn't take social. After he got married, he got PPSn on his real name and start to work.

Irisheddy

pm

Post by Irisheddy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:20 pm

I have sent you a pm. Let me know if you do not receive it

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:09 am

alisha1 wrote:Hi, everybody.
My friend came to Ireland 6 years ago by tourist visa and after visa expired decide to stay here without visa. One day he had been arrested and was making story that he is from Bhutan, gave to Garda fake name and apply for asylum. Of course thay took fingerprints and he was staying all this 6 years under fake name.
Last October he got married to EU and apply for EUFAM4, they gave him 6 month visa, but this time didn't take fingerprints. After 6 month expired, they gave 3 month visa (because his wife changed work and they didn't inform INIS), took fingerprints. Now the have newborn baby as well.
Now he is worried they will refuse his application and deport him, because of this lie. What will be result?
many thanks for answers
Technically, if he used a fake name at marriage ceremony, then, the marriage is INVALID!!!! But you said that he married under his real name, so, okay

Gave Gardaí fake name? That is a criminal offence on its own (regardless of nationality)

Wasted the state a few thousands in asylum one sees. Great

Child will probably keep him here, unfortunately. What nationality is Mother? Is the Child an Irish CITIZEN?

However, he married under his real name. Did he apply for residency under his real name? If so , why the need to come clean?

Explain