ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Visa renewal.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Maliklahore
Newly Registered

Work Visa renewal.

Post by Maliklahore » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:19 pm

Hi
I am working on I.T working Visa in Ireland. I am working in an Irish group.
my 2 year work visa will finish after 4months. how can i renew anyone knows about this? i need details how to apply?

Thanks.
Malik.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Work Visa renewal.

Post by JAJ » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:51 pm

Maliklahore wrote:Hi
I am working on I.T working Visa in Ireland. I am working in an Irish group.
my 2 year work visa will finish after 4months. how can i renew anyone knows about this? i need details how to apply?
Does your employer not have an immigration lawyer to sort all this out?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:28 pm

According to http://www.oasis.gov.ie/employment/work ... orise.html
Renewing working visas

* In Garda Districts outside Dublin

Except in the case of temporarily registered nurses, you may renew your working visa at the office of the Superintendent of the Garda Síochána, provided you continue to fulfil the conditions of the scheme.

* In the Dublin area

Except for temporarily registered nurses, you may renew your authorisation at the Garda National Immigration Bureau, provided you continue to fulfil the conditions of the scheme.

nexus
Newly Registered

Post by nexus » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:39 pm

To renew your working visa (rather your permission to remain, you stamp your new visa separately when you've got your permission to remain) in GNIB office on Burgh Quay in Dublin or at Garda superindentant office if outside Dublin. You need to bring in a proof of current employment (letter from work will suffice, needs to say you're in IT and your salary is XXk euro per annum), you passport and your GNIB card. AFAIK, it isn't free any more and will set you back by 100 euros or so.
Note that your permission to remain will be extended to another 2 years or until your passport expires, whichever is lesser.

Again, this is only to stamp your passport and give you new GNIB card. You DON'T need an actual visa to continue your employment, you only need it when you need to travel outside Ireland and you're planning come back.

Hope this helps.

Maliklahore
Newly Registered

Work Visa renewal.

Post by Maliklahore » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:56 pm

Thanks for your help...

I travel mostly out of country so i need visa can i ask the visa after the GNIB card ? and where i can get the visa renewal?

How may times i can get this visa? means all of my life i have to ask this visa ?

or there is any chance for me to get Irish passport?

Thanks
Malik.

skhan
Newly Registered

Post by skhan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:54 am

Hi Malik,
could you please give me your email address, i would like to discuss things regarding job offer in IT. Thanks.

-Sohail Khan

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:40 pm

Some of the above information is incorrect. The work visa/authorisation scheme has been discontinued and you have to apply under the new arrangements. If your salary is above 30 000 you can qualify for a green card permit. All the information is on www.entemp.ie