ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Application submission in person?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

s1dhart
Newly Registered

EU1 Application submission in person?

Post by s1dhart » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Hello Gurus,

I am in the process of applying for EU1 application on behalf of my dependent parents.. couple of queries..

1. Can we submit the application in person in Dublin? I need my passport back ASAP as i travel quite frequently for business abroad. Will prefer to submit in person and get my passport returned?

2. I just came across some posts from 2008 about a 3 month period between entering the state and applying for EU1... ie you couldnt apply for first 3 months, is this still the case? or since changed?

Please advise.
regards

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm

I believe, that you can submit EU1 as soon as you have all the required documentation as long as the EU citizen is exercising EU Treaty Rights.
You can drop the application in the box in Burgh quay, but that will get looked after with the rest of the applications. I believe in takes a month to get your passports back. But you can write a note on the application and send an email asking for the passports to be returned as soon as possible due to your travel.

s1dhart
Newly Registered

Post by s1dhart » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 am

thanks for the quick response... yes INIS also said the same in regards to the EU1 application submissions.

thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:56 am

just explain them in covering letter you want your passport back.they will back your passport in few weeks . if your eu citizens you might have national indenty card from your home country you can even submit your national id card .so you can keep your passport for travelling .good luck

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:44 am

The EU citizen can submit either a passport or a national ID card with an application.