ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6th workpermit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

south
Newly Registered

6th workpermit

Post by south » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi,

Question: Is it possible to get a 6th work permit stamped without a time limit?

I'm one of the Many, Many people waiting for any news on my residency application. Before I read the forums on the website I thought I'd get my residency in July (applied end January 07) Now I'm very doubtful. Since my current work permit expires in mid April my employer decided to apply for a 6 month permit (wich now costs €500) to ensure that I don't work illegally. Then I read the following:

[quote]When I queried about the long term visa I was looked at as though I have 3 heads!! So I applied for my 6th work permit....which was only valid for 1 year again. When going to have it stamped into my passport I was told they'd do it for me THIS time but one is not meant to have a 6th work permit.

I also read in one forum that a 6th workpermit can be stamped with
'no time limit' as long as you stay working for the same employer.

Does anyone have any information on this?

South

[/quote]

Babsie

Post by Babsie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:25 am

Hi South,
I think that was a message my husband posted...
what is happened is that we got married last May and on 3 occasions before getting married we were told once married we would just need to go in person to the GNIB with passports and marriage cert and he would be issued with a Stamp 4, alas that did not happen when we got married because back in April the law had changed but of course the GNIB did not have a clue so for about 6 weeks they gave out the wrong information.
At that stage my husband's work permit was expiring in the space of a couple of weeks, so they did give me a 6th permit but they insisted on specifying it was a "favour". Now we're back in the same situation as having applied last year in August for his spousal visa, we're now on hold due to this court case (that, bare in mind, I've seen no evidence of). So the department of justice says they see no issue with the Dept of trade giving him a 7th work permit, but I'll believe it when I see it.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

6th work permit

Post by mktsoi » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:30 pm

hi south

you should not need the 7th work permit once when you get the 6th one. see the following pdf file from Dept Enterprise

http://www.entemp.ie/publications/labou ... ermits.pdf

Babaise.

the department of Enterprise told you that they are doing you a fav?? it sounds like that to me someone made a mistake along the line and they would not admit to it that was wrong, but i can understand that myself because i am a non eu national and working in one of the gov dept myself. it is annoying that people have to due with all this xxxx. if those guys in dept of enterprise and dept of justice know what they are talking about and doing. most of the immigrants in ireland would have a much easier life!

south
Newly Registered

Post by south » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:32 pm

Thanks for the info guys!

Thanks mktsoi! :D :D :D
You've made my day! I've informed my employer bout the link and hopefully I'll be free from the yearly stamps until my Residency comes through!

Do you or anyone else have any more info on an unlimited work permit? Is it a permanent stamp in your passport or valid for a set number of years?

Again
Thanks!

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:01 pm

hi south

they will only give you a stamp if you have a reason to be in the country. eg. the stamp they give you with you current work permit is only valid for one year. so they give you one year stamp in your passport.

i have heard the 6th work permit is no time limit. i could be wrong but i dont know because i am not on work permit myself. but you see. gnib is not going to give you a stamp for 10 years. they might give you a stamp for anything between 1 to 5 years for you 6th work permit.

another thing is about the 6th work permit. that work permit is only valid for the same employer. i dont know if you changed employer, will the dept of enterprise give you a unlimited work permit again or not, so you best bet is get your long term residency if you see what i mean. but i think you most likely will get more then one year stamp with your 6th work permit! let me know once when you get the work permit. i would like to know what is it about anyway.

good luck

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:04 pm

south

one more thing. i sent you couple Private Messages about the study. go check it out. just go to the top and click Private Messages. you should be able to see it!

good luck!