ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Application British Citizen and Non Eu Wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

immerso
Newly Registered

EU1 Application British Citizen and Non Eu Wife

Post by immerso » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:18 am

Hi everyone,

I need some information on this topic

I am a British citizen moved to Ireland along with my Non EU wife we registered our marriage in Uk March 2014. My wife Dependant application was refused in Uk as I was not on a required salary mark of 18600 pounds per year.

My wife application was refused in May 2014 in Uk, we have submitted the application on 2 years living together basis. I moved along with my wife to Ireland via northern Ireland. My wife do not have any status while we enter in Ireland.

I have looked for a job and I got a permanent job in 1st Sep 2014 my salary is 366 per week I am living in a shared accommodation with a family, my landlord needs my wife PPS number to registered PRTB I do have a PPS number but he insist for my wife PPS number as well, I know its not necessary to get a PPS number for PRTB registration but still my landlord need it.

I have submitted my wife case on 10 November 2014.

Following are the documents I have submitted along with the Application:

1: EU1 Application form
2: Both me and my wife Passports
3: 2 Passport size pictures of each
4: My 2 recent Pay Slips along with a letter from my Employer and my Employment Agreement
5: Tax credit certificate
6: A utility Bill both on our names on it
7: Letter from Landlord confirming we are living on this address and a letter from the other family and PRTB of that family living with us
8: My personal Bank Statement
9: Originals UK Apostille Marriage Certificate

My wife opened her bank account as well, I didn't send her banks statement along with the application. The forth week has been started I have not heard anything from them, My main concern is will they ask for a PRTB letter or not or should i send my wife bank statement to them as well as a proof that we are living on this address and what is the way to get a five years stamp straight away as many of people i met have got there 5 year stamp and I asked them how did they get it and most of them replied you should send your case through solicitor they know how to get a 5 year stamp.

Can anyone guide me if the application we have submitted will meet the requirement under EU law. I have read it some where that Uk refusals can effect this application. so I need some assistance.

Thanks you

aganty

Re: EU1 Application British Citizen and Non Eu Wife

Post by aganty » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:49 am

Hello friend..
I understand how you feeling..
And did you apply through solicitor or personal? Being refused in the UK has nothing to do with you application here, because I have a friend who moved from UK down here on that same basics he was even given a deportation order before he left uk to come here made his application by August and was given 6months by October n then the 5 yrs last month..
Sure they will ask for the prtb letter think you should get it.. even if its in your name which should do you the eu citizen..tbh if you sent in every necessary documents you should hear from them this week or the next..
Anyway good luck.

immerso
Newly Registered

Post by immerso » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks Aganty for the reply

I have applied through by myself not with the solicitor, I am feeling comfortable now. I am hopping to get the reply within this week.

So I should ask my Landlord to get my tenancy Registered and get me the PRTB letter on my name and forward it to them.

I hope everything will be go well.

aganty

Post by aganty » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Let's keep our hopes high..
If you sent in everything that they need outside the PRTB you should receive the 6 months soon and they asking for the prtb.. but there's no stress in that if ask the landlord and he refuse to give you then you can write them back on email explaining to them that the landlord did refuse to give you prtb letter.. infact if he refused let me no will forward you a copy of the letter we sent in for my friend but that's only if he refuse to give you anyway..
Good luck man..

immerso
Newly Registered

Post by immerso » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:57 am

Thanks Aganty

we have received the letter for 6 months they didnt asked anything about PRTB. what they asked is on tax credit certificate my employer name was mentioned e.g his full name is john Ahan but on Tax credit certificate its mentioned surname Ahan only and on pay slips it says John Ahan they asked us to clarify this discrepancy within 15 working days.

I have spoken with my employer and they will get me a confirmation letter from there Accountant. what did you advice me about it could I wait and resend them the required documents along with the explanation letter and asked them to give us a 5 year stamp.

or just take this temporary stamp and wait for the next one.

Thank you once again for your advice.

Hope to hear from you soon

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 am

you must go to Garda station and get this temporary 6 month stamp, if you don,t go untill you get 5 year letter , it will creat problem for you .

aganty

Post by aganty » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:00 am

That's a good news my friend..
Yeah just as bluemoon said you have to go into your local GNIB office which is mainly the garda station to collect the 6 months while still waiting on the response from your employer it's ok no more stress as the 5 yrs will come within 4 weeks from now just send in what they ask for as soon as you got it..
Congrats man

immerso
Newly Registered

Post by immerso » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:13 am

Thanks blue and aganty

I am going on monday to get the 6 month stamp. they didn't said anything abt PRTB so I hope that side is cover. Any idea will they as any questions when we go for the stamp and my mother in law is not feeling well so r planing to visit her is it ok ? while we r travelling with temporary stamp.

Thanks once again and i hope after sending them the required documents we will get the stamp within 4 weeks time

aganty

Post by aganty » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Well there won't be anything lik questions that needs to be prepared for she's your wife so you be fine..
And about the travelling stuff man you need to hold on Besides you be getting it within a month so why the rush? Is better you wait and get the 5 yrs first am sure the travelling can survive another month if has been all the years..
Anyway it's up to you..

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi,
Was your wife able to open her bank account on her initial 3 months visa. My husband just arrived and I want him to open an account. We have a bill in both our names will dat be sufficient.

johnjoseph2012
Newly Registered

Post by johnjoseph2012 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:25 pm

.......Aganty ....................

I read you post dated Dec 03, 2014 regarding your friend who had a deportation order from the uk and his application was successful in Ireland. Pls can you clarify that your friend used his real name, and you said your friend made his application by August and was given 6months by October and then the 5 yrs last month (November) pls can you update me on this because am going through similar problem in the Uk and would like to know where a deportation order would affect my chances of an application in Ireland (married to an EEA National)

am open to any advice from here

Postby aganty » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:49 am

Hello friend..
And did you apply through solicitor or personal? Being refused in the UK has nothing to do with you application here, because I have a friend who moved from UK down here on that same basics he was even given a deportation order before he left uk to come here made his application by August and was given 6months by October n then the 5 yrs last month..
Sure they will ask for the prtb letter think you should get it.. even if its in your name which should do you the eu citizen..tbh if you sent in every necessary documents you should hear from them this week or the next..
Anyway good luck.

aganty

Post by aganty » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 pm

adedayoh wrote:Hi,
Was your wife able to open her bank account on her initial 3 months visa. My husband just arrived and I want him to open an account. We have a bill in both our names will dat be sufficient.

Ade if your husband has proof of address I think he can get a bank account but be sure to go AIB as they usually don't check what's inside the passport is just the data page they need... Hope that works.
good luck.

aganty

Post by aganty » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:00 pm

johnjoseph2012 wrote:.......Aganty ....................

I read you post dated Dec 03, 2014 regarding your friend who had a deportation order from the uk and his application was successful in Ireland. Pls can you clarify that your friend used his real name, and you said your friend made his application by August and was given 6months by October and then the 5 yrs last month (November) pls can you update me on this because am going through similar problem in the Uk and would like to know where a deportation order would affect my chances of an application in Ireland (married to an EEA National)

am open to any advice from here

Postby aganty » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:49 am

Hello friend..
Anyway good luck.

Lol
That's a long note you gat up there, anyway yeah my friend was married in the Uk he did applied and was refused on several reasons mainly on the wife been a British national though the wife did challenge their decision and took it to court where they wer told she ain't an Eu but a British nation because you can't practice eu in your home and he was giving 21 days to leave the state or he will be deported sure he still remain in there for few months before leaving which means the order most have been past.
But when they came to ireland the wife registered for a self employed and the run that for a wile because they needed business account 6 months statements before the application with the uk marriage cert...
was not really that of a big deal doing it..
hope you find some light in it..
N.B
Just an advice the decision is entirely up to INIS
good luck.

immerso
Newly Registered

Post by immerso » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi Guys,

here's the update.

we been there in the morning our turn comes up around 4 o'clock in the evening. The immigration screwed us for the first 45 mins
and was asking lame questions that why my wife has broken the law of his country (Ireland) she is illegal in this country and he is refusing to give her the visa. where did we enter in Ireland from. and my wife has broken the laws of ( His) country and he is very angry of it he asked my wife what did she feel if he enter in my wife country without visa and my wife replied we will welcome it . he became more angry and said I m refusing u the visa. And will speak with my supervisor coz he can not issue us the visa. Than the supervisor came he asked us the same questions and grilled us for another 10 mins. they were asking my wife why she don't have any visa on her passport why did she brake the laws of Ireland why did she travel without visa in Ireland. I try to speak with him but he always refused to talk to me my wife went confused and I popped in and ask him what is his problem if there was any problem than why The Majesty of Justice has approved her temporary stay ? It is clearly written in this letter that go to the immigration office along with the following documents and get ur temporary stay. He replied I m refusing ur wife for the visa and ask us to leave and telling me that he is the authority here and I don't teach him teach him what are the laws.

we refused to leave until they don't provide us in written that they are refusing us for such reasons he mentioned after 40 min argument he said

"Ok listen to me I am issuing you the visa with a verbal warning warning don't brake the laws of my country again"

Than he issued us with the temporary stamp and the next day we got the re entry visa.

and regarding to the Bank account I took my wife along with our bills to the bank and they open her account on her driving license.

I have submitted the amended Tax credit certificate which they required and what abt the PRTB Letter should we have to registered or we will leave it as they did not asked us for PRTB.

Waiting for ur reply

Thank You

aganty

Post by aganty » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:20 pm

That was one hell of a drama..
Well the good thing is she got it at the end of the day some of these officers are pain in the arse sometimes.
And on the prtb letter you don't have to worry as they never ask besides you should get the other letter regarding the 5 yrs withing 21 working days I hope..
Stay bless man

immerso
Newly Registered

Post by immerso » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks Aganty

I have the documents ready and will be posting it to them tomorrow hopefully,

Thank you once again

immerso
Newly Registered

Post by immerso » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:21 am

Hi everyone

I hope everything is going well, its been almost 2 months after our 6 months temporary stamp, Can anyone tell how long we have to wait for 5 years Letter.

I thought we should get it by now as few ppl have received it within 2 months time.

waiting for ur reply Guys.

Thank you

ch123

Post by ch123 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:40 pm

immerso wrote:Hi Guys,

here's the update.

we been there in the morning our turn comes up around 4 o'clock in the evening. The immigration screwed us for the first 45 mins
and was asking lame questions that why my wife has broken the law of his country (Ireland) she is illegal in this country and he is refusing to give her the visa. where did we enter in Ireland from. and my wife has broken the laws of ( His) country and he is very angry of it he asked my wife what did she feel if he enter in my wife country without visa and my wife replied we will welcome it . he became more angry and said I m refusing u the visa. And will speak with my supervisor coz he can not issue us the visa. Than the supervisor came he asked us the same questions and grilled us for another 10 mins. they were asking my wife why she don't have any visa on her passport why did she brake the laws of Ireland why did she travel without visa in Ireland. I try to speak with him but he always refused to talk to me my wife went confused and I popped in and ask him what is his problem if there was any problem than why The Majesty of Justice has approved her temporary stay ? It is clearly written in this letter that go to the immigration office along with the following documents and get ur temporary stay. He replied I m refusing ur wife for the visa and ask us to leave and telling me that he is the authority here and I don't teach him teach him what are the laws.

we refused to leave until they don't provide us in written that they are refusing us for such reasons he mentioned after 40 min argument he said

"Ok listen to me I am issuing you the visa with a verbal warning warning don't brake the laws of my country again"

Than he issued us with the temporary stamp and the next day we got the re entry visa.

and regarding to the Bank account I took my wife along with our bills to the bank and they open her account on her driving license.

I have submitted the amended Tax credit certificate which they required and what abt the PRTB Letter should we have to registered or we will leave it as they did not asked us for PRTB.

Waiting for ur reply

Thank You

Hi. Well this sounds scary. Which Garda Station was it anyway?

immerso
Newly Registered

Post by immerso » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin
Ireland

The head office

immerso
Newly Registered

Post by immerso » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi everyone

I hope everything is going well, its been almost 2 months after our 6 months temporary stamp, Can anyone tell how long we have to wait for 5 years Letter.

I thought we should get it by now as few ppl have received it within 2 months time.

Thank you

coketero

Post by coketero » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm

immerso wrote:Hi everyone

Thank you
I went through this a few years ago and it took around 4 months.

immerso
Newly Registered

Post by immerso » Tue May 12, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I have received my wife 5 years letter. It took almost 5 months after 6 months Temporary stamp. we have submitted the application on 11 Nov 2014. received Temp stamp on 4 December 2014.

If anyone wants to check the update on his/her Application kindly check Current Processing Times through this link
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Cu ... sing_Times

If anyone wants to check visa decisions check this link http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Visa%20Decisions

Thanks to everyone on the forum who have guided us specially aganty**

we are going on Monday next week to get the passport stamp for 5 years. I hope they won't ask any further questions? anyone been there in last few days ? kindly update as on last time they refused to give temporary stamp.

The next thing i want to know about is surinder singh route as I am a British citizen working in Ireland from last 11 months would it be enough time to exercise my EU treaty right as a British citizen under Singh route Any Suggestions ?

waiting for you reply guys

Thank You

immerso
Newly Registered

Re: EU1 Application British Citizen and Non Eu Wife **upda

Post by immerso » Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi Guys

any suggestion ?

janesx
Newly Registered

Post by janesx » Tue May 12, 2015 7:55 pm

immerso wrote:I have received my wife 5 years letter. It took almost 5 months after 6 months Temporary stamp. we have submitted the application on 11 Nov 2014. received Temp stamp on 4 December 2014. I hope they won't ask any further questions?
Basically she entered the country illegaly (that's clear, don't try to arguee. Enter Ireland via the North and travel down South = no permission to remain in the Republic). She had no stamp on her passport obviously YET the INIS granted a temporary visa and now a 5yr permission? I can not believe my eyes! :evil:

aganty

Re: EU1 Application British Citizen and Non Eu Wife **upda

Post by aganty » Wed May 13, 2015 6:01 am

immerso wrote:Hi Guys

any suggestion ?

Am so so happy for you my friend...
At last well it does worth the wait tho..

Yeah on that of surinder Singh....
Honestly speaking you don't need it. If your wife was issued a Eufam stamp4 she can now come and go into the uk as she please if you are in the Uk or going with her into the uk she do not need a visa or family permit and can be renewed to equivalent when it expires while you in there..
and can even go get NI n start working that's directly up to you.