ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to get a Familly Permit from Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

efrenirvana

how to get a Familly Permit from Ireland

Post by efrenirvana » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:19 pm

Bora
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:35 pm

Bora
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:55 pm

Bora
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:34 pm

This may be a good question for SOLVIT. I mean, ideally, of course you could ring up the DoJ and ask yourself, but we all know how that usually goes.

However, SOLVIT do seem to have internal contacts at the DoJ and may be able to get you a straight answer to the "what is considered previous residence and what proof is needed" question.

Has anyone asked them this question? I admit I didn't.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:00 am

In some ways, getting an UK issued "EEA family permit" is a good thing. It proves you are in the UK on the basis of Directive 2004/38/EC and that you are resident in the UK for whatever period of time you are in the UK. So it may be worth applying for just as a way of documenting your visit as a period of residence.

See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/06 ... -question/ for more information about residing in an EU country as an EU citizen or as the non-EU family member of an EU citizen

groebben123
Newly Registered

Post by groebben123 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi,

yes, you really need a stamp that showes you are legal in this country.

We tried during the pending EU1 process to applicate for the Family permit in the UK but we got refused because my wife is "illegal" here in Ireland (I send the letter from the DOJ that the case is still on pending, but the UK embassy didn't accept this.)

It's right that you only need a "tourist stamp" for an application. I can't say this for sure but there are 1-2 persoans here in this forum who did this with this kind of stamp and they got accepted. So you have to travel to another country for "holidays", and there you can apply for a family permit in the UK.

We are really thinking about to do this, but we are a little affraid that this still not works. They find always something...:(

If here are some persons with informations/experiance, I think a couple of people would be happy to hear about...

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:24 pm

Best...
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:47 pm

groebben123 wrote:Hi,yes, you really need a stamp that showes you are legal in this country..
The immigrant council advised that the DOJ sometimes issues a stamp3 which provides some proof of legality.When we went there, they demanded that my spouse show proof of insurance and income.The cretins at the DOJ denied us the stamp3 because my wife was going on maternity leave and therefore would not be able to support me according to their twisted logic.

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:59 pm

archcie wrote :

DOJ denied us the stamp3 because my wife was going on maternity leave and therefore would not be able to support me according to their twisted logic.

Its a shambles.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:26 pm

archigabe wrote:When we went there, they demanded that my spouse show proof of insurance and income.The cretins at the DOJ denied us the stamp3 because my wife was going on maternity leave and therefore would not be able to support me according to their twisted logic.
Who was applying for Stamp 3, you or your wife? Did they put their reason in writing?

groebben123
Newly Registered

Post by groebben123 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:14 am

Just to keep you inform: Yesterday we got the EEA Family permit after 3 hours (!!!) in the UK embassy in Belgium. My wife got a 1 month Schangen Visa 2 weeks ago with a one entry permit.
We where a little bit afraid because on the website they say that you need at least a multible entry permit to get the EEA Family permit. After my wife went to the embassy yesterday she was told to come back 3 hours later to pick up her Family permit.
We can't belive it. After 5 month of struggel finally we got it. A proof that at least not everyone is treating non EU citizen like the Irish immigration.
Now we hope of a better (or should I say: "normal") live one hour north from Dublin!

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 am

Wonderful news groebben!

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:02 am

Congrats. We should open a "Refugee" club up north. I guess we already might have enough members. :wink:

If you move to newry or close to there let me know if you have any questions. We are already setlled there after a bit more then 2 months.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:04 am

dsab, How are you finding Newry? I'm in Derry probably for the forseeable future, but I know the other half would love to move to that area at some point to be closer to Dublin.

groebben123
Newly Registered

Post by groebben123 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:24 am

Hi,

thanks a lot for your congratulations. I really think this is the best solution for everyone - until the stupid laws in ROI getting changed...
Well, indeed I have a question for all the "Newry community" ;): Wow did you find an appartment there? We are looking now since 2 days in the internet but we can't find anything. We are just looking for a small 100 Pounds/week flat, but there is nothing. How did you find your flats? Are there some more people who are still working in dublin. I was thinking about to share the car down to Dublin in the morning. Would save a lot of money ;)...
Thanks for your answers.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:44 am

I will send you a PM with a few links from my Househunt and a few tips.

I am driving to south Dublin 3 times a week (2 days Work from home), but I arranged my working hours so that I get around the traffic. I leave the House at around 5.40 to be at work at 7 and leave at 3.30 to be home before 5. That way the traffic is pretty easy. But I know that most people don't have an employer as understanding and accomodating as mine.

I pay 100 GBP a week for a brand new 2 BR flat. So it can be done. But if you have to drive to Dublin regularly you have to live as close to the Bypass as possible, which means anywhere on or very close to the Dublin Road. Newry city can be a bottleneck at times and living somwehere on the Armagh Road, Warrenpoint Road or Rathfriland road will increase your commute time by quite a bit.