ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 3 - While waiting for E.U1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sahil

Stamp 3 - While waiting for E.U1

Post by Sahil » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:18 am

Hi All,

As most of you know that my application of EU1 has been turned down for thr reason that i have never lived in another EU conutry prior to came Ireland. Now, yesterday evening i went to GNIB office to ask them if i can get 2 years of Stamp 4 while i am waiting for the outcomes of High Court case. one lady (very nice and polite i have to admit) from GNIB told me that i can only write to DOJ for stamp 4 for 2 years but she said i can register you for 1 year stamp 3. she gave me one year stamp 3 but also she charged 100 Euros.

Anyways, my point is if i can get that stamp 3 for 1 year without having in issue, then may be all of you (who are affected by high court case on EU1 applications) can get 1 year stamp 3. by getting this atleast non-eu spouse can travel to EU spouse's country and can try to find job their or may be can try to UK instead of Ireland. That is my plan now to find job in UK or my EU spouse's country.

best of luck to all,

Kind Regards,

Sahil

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:14 pm

Oak
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sahil

Post by Sahil » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:52 pm

Hi - yes i went to GNIB office in dublin - 2. Required dacuments are:

-work reference letter from EU spouse's employer
-EU Spouse's passport
-Health insurance (VHI)

hope it will help you.

Regards,

Sahil

lisatu
Newly Registered

Post by lisatu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi Sahil,

I know that my situation is a little bit different from yours as I am an Irish citizen and my husband is non EU so we do not have to submit a EU1 form.

But do you think that a stamp number 3 would be given to a spouse of an Irish citizen while we are waiting for him to receive residencey?????

Can I also ask because I am a little unsure, but if your application was turned down does that mean that you are no longer legal in the country or you can carry on with the VISA you had before applying??

Thanks for any info you can give :lol:

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:05 pm

No harm in trying for Stamp3 while waiting for decision of residency. A stamp 3 gives a temporary legal status usually for 1 year if your visa expires while waiting for residency. I strongly urge anyone waiting for residency to apply for stamp3 so that you are not out of status. Of course, you need to have entered Ireland legally on visa waiver or any other type of visa.I am not sure if people who entered on visit visa can apply for a 1 year stamp3,maybe they might give one for 3 months or duration of visit....According to this site
''Stamp 3 is a limited stamp which indicates that the person cannot work or study full time in Ireland. This is usually given to visitors or spouse dependants''
http://www.mrci.ie/know_rights/legalsta ... idency.htm

microlab

Post by microlab » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Archie wrote:
A stamp 3 gives a temporary legal status usually for 1 year if your visa expires while waiting for residency. I strongly urge anyone waiting for residency to apply for stamp3 so that you are not out of status
That makes sense archie. :wink:
Its definitely better then the "limbo" staus.

Dimy77

Post by Dimy77 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 am

About the reference letter from my employer... what does it have to contain? Just to proof that I'm employed with them?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:40 am

Letter from E.U spouse's employer can contain salary amount and how long they've been working for them.In other words, proof of employment and salary.

Sahil

Post by Sahil » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:06 am

Dimy77, it is correct what Archigabe has told you. The letter from EU spouse's employer should contain stating date of employment / anual Salary and Home address.

Guys,

There is no harm trying and get Stamp 3 for one year. I know we are not allow to work with this but we can travel with it and can find job anywhere else rathar than Ireland.

Other thing is that if you are lucky, you can get job here in Ireland with this Stamp coz most of compnies just check Valid Visa. They Normally don't check stamp number and of course you can always tell them that you are married to an EU and you can show them your marriage cert with your EU spouse's passport.

Kind Regards,

Sahil

efrenirvana

MEY BE STAMP 2 ??????

Post by efrenirvana » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:20 am

Register
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dimy77

Post by Dimy77 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:20 am

But you still need a PPS number and P45 (?)... I don't think you can get those with only Stamp 3.

We're trying to get Stamp 3 just to have the possibility to travel.

**EDIT** This was a reply to Sahil

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:25 am

Pps number
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:28 am

Dimy77 wrote:But you still need a PPS number and P45 (?)... I don't think you can get those with only Stamp 3.
I got a PPS no with just my marriage certificate, and a copy of my spouse visa. They didnt even ask me to show the stamps or GNIB card.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:29 am

Hi Efrenirvana,
would you mind sharing the name of the college with us?
thanks

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:38 am

Olviede
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimy77

Post by Dimy77 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:46 am

efrenirvana wrote:If you want to get an PPS no with stamp 3 just have to make shure dont tell them that its for work it has to be for somthing else like for get a life insurance for get a driver licens or anythig else they will issue one like this

althoug it might be a problem later because you will be in the records if you work with this stamp cause you will be paying taxes so they might realise
And will the employer be at risk for hiring somebody who's "illegal" to work in Ireland? Or can they make the "we didn't know" excuse? ;-) I don't think employers would take the risk and as you said it's possible they find out and with the recent deportation letters it's probably not worth the risk.

Sahil

Post by Sahil » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:54 am

efrenirvana wrote:
althoug it might be a problem later because you will be in the records if you work with this stamp cause you will be paying taxes so they might realise
There are quiet a few people who are "illegal" here and working since 2 - 3 years. they are paying tax as well but nobody noticed.

I know there are some ways to find out if a person who is working in Ireland but not allowed to work here. Now the thing is that GOVT don't want to find those coz Irich GOVT is getting tax from them and those who are "Illlegal" here can't take any benefit from GOVT. So, why Irish GOVT should look for those who are paying Tax and getting no benefits whatsoever.

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:02 am

May be
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:45 am

Last edited by archigabe on Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dimy77

Post by Dimy77 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Thanks, I got the reference letter from my employer now so we'll try and get Stamp 3 this way. We'll let you know how we're getting on... first I need arrange a day or half-day off from work

Ark
Newly Registered

Post by Ark » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:22 am

I'm an Italian citizen and my wife is American, we met and married in the USA three years ago, moved here last October. Pretty much stuck in the same situation - EU1 refusal, but managed to get a Stamp 3 at least.

Had to present private healthcare proof, my last P45 and a couple of payment slips along with our passports.

Trying to sort out work permission now.

I really have trouble believing how rear-backwards Ireland is on regards of immigration - I wouldn't believe that a developed country in this day and age, part of the EU of all things, doesn't have proper and clear channels for immigration.

Forcing people to stay in a legal limbo for more than a year wasting their life when they could be studying or working...

I really hate to have to dispute things in court, and I really don't have the money to do that to begin with (especially now that we have to consider the idea of moving to UK to get our lives finally started), to top it all we really don't have any grounds to contest - but this is in its very core a human rights violation.
Last edited by Ark on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

kamemurr
Newly Registered

Re: Stamp 3 - While waiting for E.U1

Post by kamemurr » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:36 pm

hi!!im in the same case than you!!im waiting for nearly 5 months to have an answuer for the residence card, i went so many times to the offices and nobody told about the stamp, its amazing!!
im from peru and my husband from france, what did you need to show them for apply for the stamp 3??
with that stamp..are u able to go and come back to the country?

kamemurr
Newly Registered

Eu1.......waiting for 5 months

Post by kamemurr » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:05 pm

hi, my application stared on may 14th, im from peru in mu husband from france.
when we were in my country nobody never told us about this stupid law to life in a Eu state before come to ireland, we will go staright to France, whatever.
I had a D visa with an single entry, i arrived on 27april now after 5 months my visa is expired, im waiting for something im sure they will not give me because i never went to any country of Eu and i cant leave and come back.
when i wanted to register my entry in the iimigation offices they told me that was not possible, i had to apply for the EU1.
i tried to have my PPS No but they checked that my visa was expired, i could ask for that before, but i didnt know...
so what exaclty they ask for the stamp 3???

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:42 pm

It's very important that you apply for Stamp3 because that will give you a temporary legal status when your spouse visa runs out. You need to go to the GNIB and insist that they issue you 1 year 'GNIB card' and stamp3 on your passport. Sometimes they charge 100 euros and sometimes they don't.

You will need to present
1. Proof of Health Insurance
2.Letter from your husband's place of employment stating his salary and how long he has been working for the company.
Good Luck.

kamemurr
Newly Registered

hello to everybody!

Post by kamemurr » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:47 pm

I went today to the social offices to ask again for a PPS No even if the last time they told me was not possible because my visa was expired, but you never know with them, today they checked everything and said that in 10 days they'll send me by post my PPs No, so one thing is done!!!of course i told them was not fork work...was for drive license :wink:
then i went to the immigrations office but there were million people so at 11am they decided to close the offices, so no more tickets..nothing, so tomorrow i'll hace to go back and ask for the stamp 3...hope willnot have any problem because i already spent 2 days there asking what i can do to be able to travel while im waiting for the results of the Residence card and nobody told me nothing...or nobody wanted to.....
For all the people like me...Goog Luck!!