ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company won't sign form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eiredreamer
Newly Registered

Company won't sign form

Post by eiredreamer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Hello,
I browsed through these topics but couldn't find a similar case. I am a recent Master's Graduate, working for a multinational American company. They said they won't sign the General Employment Permit. My question is although I meet the requirements to apply for a general employment permit (and have proof of the skills, language, etc) is there anything that can be done in this case? Or it is simply a matter that when the visa is expires I'll have to leave the country?
I went to an immigration solicitor, he charged me €400 for a consult but he never came back to me after insisting for a contact within the company which I just couldn't provide him as HR only speaks with employees.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Company won't sign form

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:13 pm

That is a rip of.

How long have you been in Ireland?

What stamp are you on presently?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

eiredreamer
Newly Registered

Post by eiredreamer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Thank you for the reply. I've been here since 2010, but spent 9 months between 2013/ 2014 away. I'm currently on a stamp 2. Yes I know... unfortunately it was for nothing.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:55 pm

But under Stamp 2, you are not entitled to work with this multi national company beyond 20 hrs. I think the difficulty is that the sponsor does not want to provide sponsorship , and there is no right to a sponsorship notwithstanding you meeting the qualifying criteria for sponsorship. Perhaps you should seek other sponsors.

eiredreamer
Newly Registered

Post by eiredreamer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:03 pm

At the moment I'm at the Grad scheme, that is a year extra they provide you with to seek employment and change the status after you graduate from an irish university. I recently graduated with a master's degree, that's my current status. I can work the regular full time hours but I won't be able to renew this permit. They said it's not their procedure and I should seek my own ways to regularise my situation.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:06 pm

Now I understand the scheme that you are under.

I believe they may be right. Try and spread your wings. Look for other sponsor.

eiredreamer
Newly Registered

Post by eiredreamer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:40 pm

I will see other possibilities. Thanks a lot for the attention!