ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Thanks for the advise I am not sure myself whether it is a good idea or a terrible one.
Just thinking out loud on the pros and cons;
Pros:
1. If a copy of the file is provided it is some sort of guarantee that the file is not lost
2. As they are supposed to provide all notes/reports as well, the applicant might have a better understanding that for what reason his/her application is delayed based on prepared reports.
3. If department gives a file with dates marked over it for all reports this might generate a pressure on them that later applicant can go for a judicial review and present it as a proof that if the file was complete why it didn't move along later.

Cons:
1. You disturb daily relax routine of a public sector employee by making them do extra work, they can intentionally delay it to make you suffer.
2. your file was removed from the pile of files which were ready for submission to make copies and then it gets lost at some other desk and/or placed last in the queue.
3. They might not give all reports/documents about your file and given copy is nothing more than what you already submitted but you still have to deal with the above two cons anyways ;)

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:41 pm

Samfv wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:54 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm
I agree that there could be multiple reasons for applications being delayed. But since most the so-called investigations are about the past acts of the applicants, what is the harm in telling the applicant that "a court case is pending against you, so we won't take a decision until that is clear" or "you have a traffic offense which bans you from driving for 3 years, we will decide when that ban is lifted"
If they are just holding the application because they have doubts and unable to clear them within a reasonable time, it is inefficiency at their end. But we don't know what are the reasons for the delay unless told specifically. The reasons could be absurd such as, someone went on long-term leave and nobody wants to work on that file, your file has been lost and now slowly they are trying to collect relevant documents or your file is put aside because of some doubts and then they forgot to move it later.

Before a legal action, it might be a good idea to ask a copy of your file under the freedom of information act, which bounds the department to give you all documents, reports and even remarks on your application.

Can you tell me where did you get this information about 30-month duration?
That’s exactly what I was just going to ask?

Sorry guys for my late reply been busy with work. my few friends told me about 30 months thing that department should have to make a decision on your file as per well known solicitor said to him. Plus my solicitor wrote them a letter last week and they replied back to my lawyer which is

"Thankyou for your correspondence. The delay in processing this file is regretted and as you state the period of time involved is quite exceptional. However it is the case when an application is submitted to the minister we are obliged to ensure that all the relevant information is available to the minister in order for him to make a fully informed decision. Your application is at an advanced stage of assessment. Your patience is appreciated"

What do you think about this reply guys? something positive?
Thanks

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:56 pm

rockyguy wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:41 pm
Samfv wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:54 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm
I agree that there could be multiple reasons for applications being delayed. But since most the so-called investigations are about the past acts of the applicants, what is the harm in telling the applicant that "a court case is pending against you, so we won't take a decision until that is clear" or "you have a traffic offense which bans you from driving for 3 years, we will decide when that ban is lifted"
If they are just holding the application because they have doubts and unable to clear them within a reasonable time, it is inefficiency at their end. But we don't know what are the reasons for the delay unless told specifically. The reasons could be absurd such as, someone went on long-term leave and nobody wants to work on that file, your file has been lost and now slowly they are trying to collect relevant documents or your file is put aside because of some doubts and then they forgot to move it later.

Before a legal action, it might be a good idea to ask a copy of your file under the freedom of information act, which bounds the department to give you all documents, reports and even remarks on your application.

Can you tell me where did you get this information about 30-month duration?
That’s exactly what I was just going to ask?

Sorry guys for my late reply been busy with work. my few friends told me about 30 months thing that department should have to make a decision on your file as per well known solicitor said to him. Plus my solicitor wrote them a letter last week and they replied back to my lawyer which is

"Thankyou for your correspondence. The delay in processing this file is regretted and as you state the period of time involved is quite exceptional. However it is the case when an application is submitted to the minister we are obliged to ensure that all the relevant information is available to the minister in order for him to make a fully informed decision. Your application is at an advanced stage of assessment. Your patience is appreciated"

What do you think about this reply guys? something positive?
Thanks
based on the responses on some old posts it should not take more than 2-4 weeks once submitted to minister. all the best!

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:56 pm

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully we will all get our approvals soon specially 2016 delayed applications. This ceremony is almost impossible for us may be next one.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:25 am

I believe main reason would be if they think that our residency in ireland would be through a Sham marriage or relation.
I cant think anything else, This would be the only reason.

No criminal offense or anything serious. We are all tax payers etc.

I remember reading somewhere that European union was going to push all member states to finalize Citizenship applications within 6 months. I am not sure if that will happen as EU has other priorities at the moments.

I hope we will hear soon from DOJ.

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:38 am

Statusquo73 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:25 am
I believe main reason would be if they think that our residency in ireland would be through a Sham marriage or relation.

I remember reading somewhere that European union was going to push all member states to finalize Citizenship applications within 6 months. I am not sure if that will happen as EU has other priorities at the moments.

That's very true, Specially they are strictly investigating all the EuFam Applicants. In many cases they found out their EU spouses aren't together. I am not worried about any kind of investigation just want them to make a decision.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 am

Statusquo73 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:25 am

Statusquo73! I agree with you it is true because alot of people they did that kinda act to show them it was a sham marriage for example most of people when they get their residency & after few years they get separated from their spouses and some of them get divorce in the same year after separation
they got married in Ireland but got divorce from spouses country’s this is the reason they are digging everyone’s file like suspiciously alot of people suffering cause of these people who did this. what kinda marriage is that after got residency after few years separation and the same year divorce, no time for reconciliation, come on lads they are not children Doesn’t matter if paying full tax never on social etc the department don’t need tax or anything they are looking now how they get their residency and what is their goals now. the time is changed now it’s not 2013 or 2015 to get passports easily. alot of people they are suffering cause of their bad act that is the reason they are looking everyone’s files suspiciously and dealing the same way.
We can just pray to God

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:11 pm

And you know what!
I also think that if there is no any criminal activity they will also approve those applications. They are just digging and digging those cases.
However, we are in 2018 it is technology age a well-done investigation can be made in less than a year.
The reason for their slowness also maybe they are waiting some people will leave this country and their application will be canceled.

I just wish that they would be straightforward... If you think it is doggy and don't like to applications, just decline it.
Don't make people to wait years and years... It is a very stressful process.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:51 am

anyone received approval recently?

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:28 pm

I got letter last week that application is in advanced stage. I called them back and the man told me that it will be in the next ceremony as the November one is fully booked. Any idea what is this advanced stage?
Applied in November 2016 on the basis of 5 year residency (stamp 1 and stamp 4) and with clean record.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:40 pm

advance stage means very close to decision you will receive something this year most likely although there are members posting here that their application is in advance stage for couple of months

alaxa
India

Post by alaxa » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:46 pm

amwaraich wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm
The best option is to seek legal advice. I applied in Aug 2016 and my application was not moving a bit ever since. I met a solicitor and after his letters to citizenship my application has been submitted to minister and now I am waiting for decision.

I made a number of calls but to no avail. I even went to my local TD three times but same standard copy/paste response was sent to TD as well.

My solicitor sent a letter in Oct 2017 and I got response after 3 weeks that my application is being prepared for submission to minister. After 5 weeks in Dec 2017 my solicitor sent another letter asking for an update but no response. He sent a reminder and got response on 12 Jan that my application has been submitted to minister and as they get a response they will let us know.

So if someone has been waiting for more than 1 year and they still getting standard copy/paste responses, in my opinion they should seek legal advice. I know it will cost you money but at least you will get a proper response from citizenship.

I hope it will help someone.

Dear, amwaraich

I just want to know you got response 12 jan that you application has been submitted to the minister . After send to the minister how many month did you wait to got your minister approval ? Can you please let me know. Bec I am on same bot. I call them yeasterday they said me my documents they already send to the minister.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:53 pm

alaxa wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:46 pm
amwaraich wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm
The best option is to seek legal advice. I applied in Aug 2016 and my application was not moving a bit ever since. I met a solicitor and after his letters to citizenship my application has been submitted to minister and now I am waiting for decision.

I made a number of calls but to no avail. I even went to my local TD three times but same standard copy/paste response was sent to TD as well.

My solicitor sent a letter in Oct 2017 and I got response after 3 weeks that my application is being prepared for submission to minister. After 5 weeks in Dec 2017 my solicitor sent another letter asking for an update but no response. He sent a reminder and got response on 12 Jan that my application has been submitted to minister and as they get a response they will let us know.

So if someone has been waiting for more than 1 year and they still getting standard copy/paste responses, in my opinion they should seek legal advice. I know it will cost you money but at least you will get a proper response from citizenship.

I hope it will help someone.

Dear, amwaraich

I just want to know you got response 12 jan that you application has been submitted to the minister . After send to the minister how many month did you wait to got your minister approval ? Can you please let me know. Bec I am on same bot. I call them yeasterday they said me my documents they already send to the minister.
Be aware that the folks at the front desk don't have as much as information about your application as they're not the ones processing it. So, there might be a discrepancy between the information that you get from them. But yeah, once your application has been submitted to the Minister, it doesn't take long to hear to hear back. Usually it takes from 3 weeks to a month but not more than that.

alaxa
India

Post by alaxa » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Dear , amwaraich

Thanks very much for your reply so quickly. When I call them yesterday that also told me it’s take 4 weeks . Your experience also same. Thanks very much. Pls pray for me. Wish you good luck every step.

alaxa
India

Post by alaxa » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:28 pm

mh123 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:53 pm
hi malll .
as u said u have applied in 2016 did u inquire recently by sending them mail or call ? and what the reply did u got from department ?
actually i have also applied my citizenship in feb 2016 ..since then many time emailed them and called them same answer ..continues to be processed ..but last week i called them spoke to the lady i was told my file has been sent to the minister for submission .and my application is on last stage .any one have any idea how long more it takes after file has been sent to minster for submission ?

Hi. I hope you get your approval now. I just want to know after you call them department and they said you file has been send to the misinter decision. Then how long you have to wait for approval ? Can you please let me know pls. Because I am also same bot. I call them this week they said same things like you.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:46 am

anyone from 2016 got approval letter ?
paddy_leprechaun
rockyguy
iceice304
syjem

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 am

no not yet, no approval letter, the only letter i got last week was that my application is in the advanced stage.

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:16 am

alaxa wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:02 pm
Dear , amwaraich

Thanks very much for your reply so quickly. When I call them yesterday that also told me it’s take 4 weeks . Your experience also same. Thanks very much. Pls pray for me. Wish you good luck every step.
Hi,
I am sorry but I didn't respond to your message. I had to go through a legal process to get my approval but I am sorry I can't go into details on public forum yet. I tried to PM you but I can't send you PM because of forum restrictions.

Thanks

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:46 am
paddy_leprechaun
rockyguy
iceice304
syjem
No bro, Still waiting.. Didn't get anything since last letter from department that my application is at an advanced stage of assessment. I am sick of waiting to be honest.:@

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 pm

@ rockyguy: When did you get the letter of advanced stage?

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Mal111 wrote:
paddy_leprechaun
rockyguy
iceice304
syjem
@Mal111, the latest information I have been told by INIS phone line is that my file was ready for submission but somehow it didn't get submitted. Everything is fine and I will be definitely invited in the next ceremony.

But I don't trust them to be honest. Email inquiry response is same a template response.

It appears there was a big pile of files completed but someone in the department was too lazy to dispatch them and now they are pending for another six months. They don't care if you have to wait for the next 6 months, pay for IRP/GNIB or suffer from a mental illness.

Also, I want to say I am not among 2016 ones, I applied in September 2017 but losing my patience with the department after a year. Hats off to you guys who are waiting since 2016.

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:00 pm

called them this week, was told that everything is fine with my application (22 months) and it hasn't been submitted to the minister yet as they're sorting out a big backlog from before to be ready for the Nov ceremony.

My 2nd poke via TD brought some new wording from their comms:
As well as being a significant event in the life of its recipient, the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalization as provided for in law is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and
entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process.

I'm considering to go to the Citizen Information Clinic in Mayfield, Cork end of the month to discuss processing times with them, not sure if passing feedback is worth my time tho.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Mal111 wrote:
paddy_leprechaun
rockyguy
iceice304
syjem
No approval yet for me either. I have been told that it is advanced stage since August but till now it didn't move. I believe that for some reasons we are not welcomed in the country but the department doesn't have reasons to reject our applications so they only delaying them maybe till we start a legal process. Due to this unfair process and the long delay, I have really lost the desire to become a citizen for this country and I regret for my decision to consider it on my list as a destination to work and live.

@mal111: what was the last update you got from them?

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:33 am

Syjem wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:42 pm
Mal111 wrote:
paddy_leprechaun
rockyguy
iceice304
syjem
No approval yet for me either. I have been told that it is advanced stage since August but till now it didn't move. I believe that for some reasons we are not welcomed in the country but the department doesn't have reasons to reject our applications so they only delaying them maybe till we start a legal process. Due to this unfair process and the long delay, I have really lost the desire to become a citizen for this country and I regret for my decision to consider it on my list as a destination to work and live.

@mal111: what was the last update you got from them?
If you are on EU-FAM and happen to be from the Indian origin and married to a Baltic/Romanian citizen, then it is kind of obvious that department has a red flag on your application. For Kseni, they definitely think you are a red sparrow :P . But if this department is not capable of clarifying their doubts in a reasonable time, it is total inefficiency at their end.

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:55 am

I don't think its just romanian to indian, or other eu to india, pakistani, bangladeshi. I think its all south east asain countries. Me and my husband are both of asian origin and I am a british passport holder. We applied in april 2017 and not hear anything since, just one letter which was sent back with documents last year in June and nothing what so ever since then. He called them last week and was told they are waiting for some external information and I have no idea what this external information they require is. As surely in this day and age people send information alot quicker then nearly 2 years.

So fed up that we are seriously considering giving up and moving elsewhere as this is just ridiculous. He even applied for the 10 year thing and they asked for lots of stuff which we sent, then they asked for another bunch of stuff which was also send and now again they have asked for the same stuff which was sent to them the first time.

Totally incompetent staff its such a fiasco the whole process is a complete shambles.

We have a child, are both from indian sub continent, earning a decent salary, living in same place for 7 years, no criminal offense, never taken social but still no response from them.

I keep thinking about forming a petition to get signatures to get them to form a decision for people who have been pending for over 12 months but someone on this forum suggested would just be wasting my time as nationality is a privilege crap!!

There must be something that we can do. Any ideas any one.