ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Refused today

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Avi0905
Newly Registered

Citizenship Refused today

Post by Avi0905 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:42 am

Guys,

very sad news for me as after waiting for more than 18 months, my citizenship has been refused based on not being good character( safety order ). Does anyone know when could I re apply again or any advice you can give.

Thanks
A

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Citizenship Refused today

Post by Mal111 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 am

im so sorry to hear that
can you tell me what was the safety order for? and was it something you agree with or an error ?
because if you think they made a mistake then you can contest it and apply again notifying that they made a mistake
and if its your fault you can apply again with a letter or remorse and with a promise to be good in future.

in both ways you can apply straight away unless they mention that you cant apply for certain period in that case if it was your fault you cant do anything just wait out the period but if its an error you can contest it

Avi0905
Newly Registered

Post by Avi0905 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi Mal
The safety order was 'Barring order'.
They mentioned I can apply again which I will need to do Asap, but very dissapointed with the situation.

Thank you
A

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:43 pm

did you mention this barring order in your first application form or if it has happened while your application in process did you inform them by email or letter about this?

Avi0905
Newly Registered

Post by Avi0905 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Yes I did mentioned to them and also mentioned that it was withdrawn after 2 months.

macdre55
Ireland

Post by macdre55 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:53 am

hi,

Was this order enforced in court by judge or it was a temporary order.

Avi0905
Newly Registered

Post by Avi0905 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 am

Yes. By a Judge

macdre55
Ireland

Post by macdre55 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:17 pm

i think you need a lawyer to file a second application just incase.because this system fear them

tnaeem
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tnaeem » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi,

Similar situation here, received a citizenship refusal letter based on driving offence. The offence and details were disclosed with application. A judge issued a driving ban. Sent the current application through solicitor. Refusal letter states that I can re apply any time.

Thanks,
T

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:19 pm

tnaeem wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:44 pm
Hi,

Similar situation here, received a citizenship refusal letter based on driving offence. The offence and details were disclosed with application. A judge issued a driving ban. Sent the current application through solicitor. Refusal letter states that I can re apply any time.

Thanks,
T
Sorry for the bluntness but if you were issued a driving ban by a judge I wouldn't bother in reapplying any time soon, it will be a waste of money and time.

Make sure you have a clean record from now on and in a few years reapply, try to add a letter of remorse to your new application and maybe some letters from references that can prove your good character since the last application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Avi0905 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:34 pm
Hi Mal
The safety order was 'Barring order'.
They mentioned I can apply again which I will need to do Asap, but very dissapointed with the situation.

Thank you
A
A barring order is an order only issued in serious cases in Ireland. I wouldn't recommend to reapply straight away even though the judge dismissed the order after a while.

In order to get approved you will need to prove good character. Stay out of a trouble for a few years and gather enough documentation proving good character so next time you apply the application is approved, a letter of remorse and/or statement from the victim can help you as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.