ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation through assosiation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Baykiz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalisation through assosiation

Post by Baykiz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if you could give me a bit of advice regarding naturalisation. I am on a Seychelles passport, married to a British citizen and we have been living in Ireland for the last 3 years. I am currently on a stamp 4. We have 2 children. The first child is 8 years old and is on a Seychelles Passport and our second child is 1 year old and was born in Ireland and holds an Irish passport. We are planning on staying in Ireland and I am hoping to apply for naturalisation via Irish assosiation through my Irish son. Is this possible at this stage? I have read that it is possible but the information is a bit vague so I was hoping you could shed some light on this for me? Can I apply for naturalisation through Irish assosiation now that I have been here for 3 years or do I have to wait until I have been here for 5 years?
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation through assosiation

Post by euspouse07 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:27 am

Law regarding the association is vague but there is no harm in applying for it. Law didn't specify about whether it is ascending or descending association would be considered.I would strongly advise you to apply.
thanks

Baykiz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Baykiz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 am

Thank you for your reply. With regards to having one year continuous residence before applying, does that mean I am not allowed to leave Ireland at all for the year prior to applying?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Baykiz wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 am
Thank you for your reply. With regards to having one year continuous residence before applying, does that mean I am not allowed to leave Ireland at all for the year prior to applying?
You can always apply through Irish association but that type of application tends to be very long and tedious, other users in the forum have been waiting almost 2 years for the application to be approved. If you don’t decide to go that route in another 2 years you will be able to apply based on your 5 years residence Stamp 4EUFAM, it’s up to you which route to take.

With regards to having one year continuous residence before applying, does that mean I am not allowed to leave Ireland at all for the year prior to applying?

No, you can travel for short periods of time (holidays, work, etc.) as much as you want but be aware that extended stays out of the country of 6 weeks or more during any of the years of residence have to be disclosed to the Citizenship Division when applying for naturalisation. The one year continuous residence means that Ireland is your main place of residence so unless you are planning to move to another country in the year prior to your application it does not apply to you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

macdre55
Ireland

Post by macdre55 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi ,
You can apply based on this but the process is too slow.Myself applied 2yrs ago and i have
been on second stage ever since.I am wishing ,i had waited til my 5yrs.

Baykiz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Baykiz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Thank you all for your replies. It is much APPRECIATED. I (the British citizen) can apply for my Irish passport through my grandparent and then once I have registered for my foreign birth certificate, my wife(the seychelles citizen) can then apply for citizenship and would be a lot quicker than the naturalisation through association. (so I have heard). Any ideas on this? Your replies have been really useful to me.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Baykiz wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 pm
Thank you all for your replies. It is much APPRECIATED. I (the British citizen) can apply for my Irish passport through my grandparent and then once I have registered for my foreign birth certificate, my wife(the seychelles citizen) can then apply for citizenship and would be a lot quicker than the naturalisation through association. (so I have heard). Any ideas on this? Your replies have been really useful to me.
Yes, that's correct. Once you become Irish citizen she can apply straight away because she had 3 years of residence in Ireland already and I assume you have been married for more than 3 years, right?

I think FBR takes about 6 months average so not too bad.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Baykiz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Baykiz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Yes, we have been married for more than 3 years. Yeah, I hear it takes about 6 months. I am born in Zimbabwe so hear I have to apply through Pretoria, South Africa. I have emailed them to confirm this. Again, thanks very much for your replies.